Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have had my my A250 Sport for just over a week. I love thecar but I was surprised by the amount of noise when driving. The noise seems to a combination of road noise and noise from the brakes - like the electronic handbrake is not fully released.I can also hear the noise increase (from the brakes?) whilst slowing down.

I took it back to the dealer and a technician came with me for a drive but didn't think there was anything wrong (he had a good look at the discs and a good sniff).

I can understand the road noise because of the stiffened suspension and the sports wheels/tyres, however, I still think there is another noise contributersomewhere.

My last car was a Toyota SUV so I don't really have a good point of reference.

Has anyone else had a a similar experience? Any advice?

Thanks,

·
Registered
147 Posts
DubA250 said:
I can also hear the noise increase (from the brakes?) whilst slowing down.
I noticed this after changing my tyres from 205/55R16 (winter) to 225/45R17. It's clearly coming from the tyres as I can't hear it on perfectly flat surfaces (concrete floor etc). All in all, the tyre profile makes a huge difference, so I'd imagine that the A250 Sport with 18" rims is relatively loud on rough roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.