Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I read the codes through DTS I get this P13C204 error about the exhaust gas flap malfunctioning stored in the CPC_NG module. However I don't get any warning lamps or notice the car misbehaving.

First question is, do petrol engines have this flap installed? I know is on the diesels, but not sure on the M260 (I have an A250), as cannot seem to find such a part in the online catalogues.

·
Administrator
5,236 Posts
Is this the flap actuator on the very end of the exhaust silencer, the A35’s and A45’s has this actuator and flap.

Pics and drawings of A35/A45 flap and actuator here:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes is that one. Just checked underneath the car and is there. I ran the test procedure with Xentry and it says to change the module. I'll book it in, hopefully is covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update.... This is a strange one. I tested with Xentry, in the actuations tab you can actually tell it to open and close the flap. It responds to the commands, goes from 0 to 100 and I can hear it moving. Noticed that it defaults to 75% when not in test mode.

Anw let's see what they say. Is a 4 week wait to get to the service department in Colindale.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update 2.... Months ago I posted this problem of mine. I took the car to the dealer, but without an exact problem to describe they just flashed the PTCU to the latest firmware. Error still registers on the ECU. So I decided to have a look myself. Turns out the flap is blocked and the spring connecting the flap to the actuator broke off. So the actuator is free spinning hence the error. I could not locate a replacement spring so decided to get the cheapest used actuator I could find on ebay to take the spring off it. Seems VW/Audi uses the identical part and they actually sell it for half the money MB wants (£150 vs £300).

I still haven't managed to unblock the flap, (need another wrench probably) but I will post again as I progress on this.
Wood Body jewelry Hardwood Wood stain Font

Camera lens Reflex camera Digital camera Gadget Camera accessory

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update 3... I haven't been able to unblock the flap. Is stuck shut. Sprayed copious amounts of WD40, but the flap will simply not move. No wonder the spring broke.

Does anyone know of a trick to unblock this?

Plumbing fixture Fluid Plumbing Water Gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts