Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Sorry to hear that forester how much u paying for the new tyre ? Pm me and might be able to help u get it cheaper
It鈥檚 not so much the cost it鈥檚 the disruption of my plans. They said they tried taking the nail out and air started leaking but checking my app now and again it hasn鈥檛 lost a single psi. I might take some tools along to the garage and when there take the nail out just to make sure.

Registered
It鈥檚 not so much the cost it鈥檚 the disruption of my plans. They said they tried taking the nail out and air started leaking but checking my app now and again it hasn鈥檛 lost a single psi. I might take some tools along to the garage and when there take the nail out just to make sure.
get them to stick a patch or two on the inside when they pull the nail out be a grand job
i i think I got my Tyres 拢140 each vat included for the Michelin ps4s

Registered
get them to stick a patch or two on the inside when they pull the nail out be a grand job
i i think I got my Tyres 拢140 each vat included for the Michelin ps4s
Yes I went for a puncture repair they said it was too close to the wall. 拢174 on etyres but its being done at a recommended tyre shop in my town.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Ok so I picked up my car yesterday. It sounds amazing ... its definitely louder. The sound is similar but louder and slightly deeper which is what I was looking for. I鈥檒l add some pics and videos of the exhaust and sound later.

One issue. The garage were a bit baffled - it was the first time they had seen it. There was a pressure sensor at the rear of the exhaust. They have no idea what its for but they added it to the new exhaust anyway. And in idle, when you start the car and switch the exhaust on, the valve opens but when you press your foot against the accelerator, it shuts the valve straight away. They messed around with it and tested different things and concluded its coded into the car. Maybe this has something to do with the pressure sensor?

Weird thing is, in the iPE video for the a45s exhaust, they manage to keep the valve open when revving in idle ...

Also if you look carefully, it looks like they have a decat downpipe in the vid. I thought they had only released a catback exhaust??

Anyway ... thoughts?

@veeeight

Registered
Insert media. It appears in a drop down after the emoji by clicking the dotted lines.

Registered
Ok so I picked up my car yesterday. It sounds amazing ... its definitely louder. The sound is similar but louder and slightly deeper which is what I was looking for. I鈥檒l add some pics and videos of the exhaust and sound later.

One issue. The garage were a bit baffled - it was the first time they had seen it. There was a pressure sensor at the rear of the exhaust. They have no idea what its for but they added it to the new exhaust anyway. And in idle, when you start the car and switch the exhaust on, the valve opens but when you press your foot against the accelerator, it shuts the valve straight away. They messed around with it and tested different things and concluded its coded into the car. Maybe this has something to do with the pressure sensor?

View attachment 5849

Weird thing is, in the iPE video for the a45s exhaust, they manage to keep the valve open when revving in idle ...

Also if you look carefully, it looks like they have a decat downpipe in the vid. I thought they had only released a catback exhaust??

Anyway ... thoughts?

@veeeight
Nope they do a down pipe & front pipe OPF catless but it鈥檚 big money
Have you your car mapped yet ?
Any more pops and bangs

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Not got the car mapped and wasn鈥檛 planning to anytime soon. And yes deffo more pops and bangs especially on the downshifts. Is there anyway i can code out that annoying valve thing when revving on idle?

Registered
Not got the car mapped and wasn鈥檛 planning to anytime soon. And yes deffo more pops and bangs especially on the downshifts. Is there anyway i can code out that annoying valve thing when revving on idle?
Dms could sort but means the going into your ecu

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Spoke to DMS who advised that the sensor was an air pressure sensor to make sure the OPF is working. They think the valve closing when revving at idle is a fault ...

Can someone check on their oem exhaust whether this is the case. I鈥檝e got a better video of the valve closing when revving at idle. You can hear the valve open again after i let go of the accelerator.

Registered
Could dms not sort this and keep it open when mapping did they say ?
Sounding good nice to hear a few bangs when revving when idle

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
They said they can look into it and should be able to do something in the map. But I鈥檓 not sure on doing a remap so soon. After driving around i鈥檝e realised the oem exhaust was so **** lol ... it shouldn鈥檛 come so quiet from factory.

Registered
Spoke to DMS who advised that the sensor was an air pressure sensor to make sure the OPF is working. They think the valve closing when revving at idle is a fault ...

Can someone check on their oem exhaust whether this is the case. I鈥檝e got a better video of the valve closing when revving at idle. You can hear the valve open again after i let go of the accelerator.

The valves close when revving on idle due to the EU regs on noise. They stay open when driving.

Registered
Nobody still hasn鈥檛 frontdown pipe available in the Uk ready yet for sale
has anybody any feedback ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts