Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

121 - 140 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's very interesting! Keep us posted!
The DP has arrived been quoted £350 to fit. Is that a decent price?
Regarding the solution to avoid the engine management light coming on they said that there a two rubber pipes that connect to the GPF and you just join the two ends together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It should be a significantly pleasant sound upgrade for your car. Do share how it sounds with the new DP + stock exhaust.

·
Registered
CLA 45S
100 Posts
Regarding the solution to avoid the engine management light coming on they said that there a two rubber pipes that connect to the GPF and you just join the two ends together.
It’s a good few hours work according to the manual, £350 seems a bit steep to me.

Did they modify yours or source an another OEM downpipe? Could you post some pics of it?

If fooling the GPF sensors is that easy then we’re laughing!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Nice can you post a pic of it?

I was quoted between £300-400 depending on the time it took but im not sure if thats a fair price. I’ll ask around a couple more places.

If you can bypass the GPF sensors that easily thats a joke 😂

·
Registered
104 Posts
It’s a good few hours work according to the manual, £350 seems a bit steep to me.

Did they modify yours or source an another OEM downpipe? Could you post some pics of it?

If fooling the GPF sensors is that easy then we’re laughing!
No I kept my OEM downpipe and they made one. I don't think they have just modded an OEM pipe as it looks different from the OEM.
IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0310.jpeg

IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg
IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0313.jpeg

·
Registered
CLA 45S
100 Posts
Thanks for posting those! I agree, that doesn't look like an OEM unit, the mounting bracket is different even.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like it that it's heat shielded wrapped. The original one has the upper part wrapped for a purpose. Most aftermarket downpipes are not heat shield wrapped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have just had my miltek cat back fitted today and I’m pretty pleased with the outcome, the pops on the overrun are pretty dramatic when you’ve given it the beans, may look into a de-cat one day but for now this has exceeded my expectations 😃

·
Registered
CLA 45S
100 Posts
I have just had my miltek cat back fitted today and I’m pretty pleased with the outcome, the pops on the overrun are pretty dramatic when you’ve given it the beans, may look into a de-cat one day but for now this has exceeded my expectations 😃
Have you got any videos of it in action?

·
Registered
CLA 45S
100 Posts
You'll find that revving it when stationary sounds a bit rubbish because the exhaust valve closes itself automatically when you do this. There's a device which stops this from happening which we discussed in this topic previously (have a look at page 5).

It definitely sounds better than stock though, those pops are much louder! Thanks for posting some vids!

·
Registered
33 Posts
You'll find that revving it when stationary sounds a bit rubbish because the exhaust valve closes itself automatically when you do this. There's a device which stops this from happening which we discussed in this topic previously (have a look at page 5).

It definitely sounds better than stock though, those pops are much louder! Thanks for posting some vids!
Yea I’ve read about that little device I may have a look into buying one, I wasn’t revving it on start up I was holding the paddle to do the emotion start thing and it’s definitely a lot louder than before. If you get it just right it’ll somethings do about 4-5 quick bangs on the overrun and it sounds great. Like a gun going off 💪

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do love emotion start, particularly good under petrol station canopies I find.... :p
Haha yes I actually did it at the petrol station earlier and a guy came over and started asking me if I’d had the car remapped to make it do that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I do love emotion start, particularly good under petrol station canopies I find.... :p
It's nice. But stupid that it only works with a warmed up engine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
V good to hear - mine goes on tomorrow :)

is your the resonated or non resonated one ?

121 - 140 of 184 Posts