Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
The DP has arrived been quoted £350 to fit. Is that a decent price?
Regarding the solution to avoid the engine management light coming on they said that there a two rubber pipes that connect to the GPF and you just join the two ends together.
I’ve been told £350 by two other garages so I guess thats the going price. When are you looking to get yours fitted?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Got a few starts at a stand still but they sound a bit tinny on vid, and one half decent drive by but the wife wasn’t up for trying to get anymore it was a bit windy, decent few pops at the end though.

Nice sounds slightly more throaty than mine. Also mine seemed to get even louder after a few thousand miles with it on

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is a pain! Apparently the A35 doesn't have that limitation, I would love to know the technical reason why.
You mean that emotion start works every time on the A35 regardless of warm or cold? Perhaps this is because this limitation is on the A45S+ from MY2019/2020. The A35 is also a different engine (not hand built at the AMG factory, but rather mass produced by Mercedes Benz). I think the restriction applies on all newer AMG hand built engines now coming out of the factory. You can revel in the enjoyment of having it on the A35 until you next upgrade! Wish A45S had it like the original AMG GT for example.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my video of the ASR controller in action:

It is able to keep the valve open when revving on idle.
Just ordered mine from an Aussie distributor. I'm worried about voiding warranty for valvetronic type exhaust.
Hopefully exhaust will sound better as Aus spec A45s are non OPF.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 45S
100 Posts
Just ordered mine from an Aussie distributor. I'm worried about voiding warranty for valvetronic type exhaust.
Your car will definitely benefit from it's lack of OPF where sound is concerned.

Most exhaust flaps on any make/model of car are vacuum actuated, including the standard A45s exhaust.
The factory valve is electronically actuated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Whats the difference between the two? Does one work better than the other?

I’ve noticed the valve isn’t as effective in my custom exhaust. It doesn’tsilence the car as much as I was expecting when driving in comfort.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
In addition to the emotional start discussion, which will also impact any exhaust mod. I've noticed if I leave the car for say half an hour and then restart it with a paddle held down the emotional start doesn't quite often happen even though the engine and gearbox temperatures are both in the white. Have others noticed this.

The main place where the emotional start works fine is at petrol stations.

·
Registered
99 Posts
In addition to the emotional start discussion, which will also impact any exhaust mod. I've noticed if I leave the car for say half an hour and then restart it with a paddle held down the emotional start doesn't quite often happen even though the engine and gearbox temperatures are both in the white. Have others noticed this.

The main place where the emotional start works fine is at petrol stations.
On A45S, Emotion start will time out after 10min! It has nothing to do with engine and gearbox temp over 70/50° C. You can drive around for 5min emotion start still works. Whereas, on my E63S and my mate's C63S it works all the time.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
On A45S, Emotion start will time out after 10min! It has nothing to do with engine and gearbox temp over 70/50° C. You can drive around for 5min emotion start still works. Whereas, on my E63S and my mate's C63S it works all the time.
Thanks for that. Another thing I've learnt about my A45s.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey mate, what exhaust did you order? what's the dealer's name? Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had my down pipe fitted today. Kept the rest of the exhaust stock. Makes a big difference. The up shift cracks are really loud. Sounds Louder than the stock PFL sport exhaust. With the valves closes its about as loud as the stock A45s exhaust with the valves open till over 4k revs then you can tell the difference. In idle it’s louder and deeper with the valves open. Think it’s about the same as stock with the valve closed or slightly louder but I couldn’t really tell.
On the negative side, the EML is on but the car is not in limp mode and drives fine.

If the EML does not come off if I got the error cleared would the light just come back as no GPF? Not really wanting to map the ECU straight away would rather get a race chip for now and live with the light on.
Not had chance to do a proper video but will try upload some taken from a phone - not sure about the quality.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Still got a A45S AMG - Milltek Back-Box Exhaust GPF with Decat Downpipe if anyone wants it, open to reasonable offers. Makes a massive amount of difference and is too loud for me (gone for a CAT version instead which is perfect for me).

141 - 160 of 184 Posts