Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,just a quick question,this might sound daft but does pressing the exhaust button make it louder or quieter.doesnt seem to make much difference to me.(45 amg)

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
My button’s effect was most apparent when travelling say at 50mph, accelerating with and without the button pressed.

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Hi guys,just a quick question,this might sound daft but does pressing the exhaust button make it louder or quieter.doesnt seem to make much difference to me.(45 amg)
Mine was pre-fl and it had to be in S for the best exhaust sound. I'm guessing it's the same for yours as well as pressing the exhaust sound button.

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
And this thread as to what the button actually does on the FL A45

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
All the usual suspects commenting in the thread ;) :cool:😀

Reactions: veeeight

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Reactions: veeeight

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine was pre-fl and it had to be in S for the best exhaust sound. I'm guessing it's the same for yours as well as pressing the exhaust sound button.
Mines face lift,thought the question was quite straightforward, red light exhaust on,or off.?

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
Red light is on as with every other A45 button which goes red.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Exhaust button is only for more noise in the cabin. It does not make the actual exhaust any louder. So if the button is on (red light burning) the sound in the cabin will get louder. To test this, go on a highway & floor it. While flooring it switch on and off the button and you’ll hear the difference in the cabin.

This is exactly what that button does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exhaust button is only for more noise in the cabin. It does not make the actual exhaust any louder. So if the button is on (red light burning) the sound in the cabin will get louder. To test this, go on a highway & floor it. While flooring it switch on and off the button and you’ll hear the difference in the cabin.

This is exactly what that button does.
Thanks for a that's all I wanted to know.👍

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
Can you read, it appears not, as your query was answered in post #4 and #7, and are you xenophobic?

For a one day old subscriber to this forum you seemed to have gone out of your way to ingratiate yourself (not) with members who have tried to assist, not only that, but members who have also owned the W176 A45 and had first hand experience of the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts