Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Mini, bought a warranty extension for 2 more years, a total of 4.

This time with my A35, I contacted my dealership to buy an extension.
But they came back with the information that Mercedes does not have warranty extension on AMG cars...

Ok, there are 3 ou 4 components that are more stretch to the limit and could be a "problem", but 95% of the car is the same as a A250... I dont know why we cant have a warranty on a Mbux, ou a rear camera like any other Mercedes.

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
In some countries they get 5 years. I believe Australia is one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes that would be nice. Definitely increase 2nd hand values. And reduce leasing costs. Come ome on Mercedes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah sorry where are you? In the UK we get 36 months unlimited mileage.
I'm in Portugal. Here the warranty is 24 moths and unlimited mileage.
I wanted to get 2 more years, but they said its not possible.

In the UK, you can purchase an extended warranty.

It’s not cheap.

Tried out with my VIN:
  • Unfortunately we are unable to offer a product for this vehicle. Please call Mercedes-Benz Insured Warranty Services on 0345 641 9765 to speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help you.

·
Administrator
4,828 Posts
In the UK, we commonly refer to it as a 3 year warranty, but it is actually a 2 year manufacturer warranty, 3rd year is covered by the dealer.

I made this mischievous tongue in cheek comment on another post about European manufacturers warranty, and how it wouldn’t happen here, as we have the protectionist EU protecting all of the German and French car industry :p

As for Italian cars offering 5 years warranty, it would literally bankrupt them! 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,107 Posts
As for Italian cars offering 5 years warranty, it would literally bankrupt them! 😂
I think we could add the British car industry to that category, to the extent that we can work out what it is 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
13 Posts
My A180d warranty expires next month and i have had a quote from MB to purchase an extended warranty. They have quoted me £30pm on a rolling contract.
This is much cheaper than aftermarket warranties from other companies. However, it does not appear to cover wear and tear, EGR Valve and the DPF.
Anyone purchased the MB extended warranty and would they recommend??

·
Administrator
4,828 Posts
You will struggle to find any extended warranty from any company that covers wear and tear, and consumables like clutch, DPF etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone have a Mercedes extended warranty? Are they worth the money?
I have one but managed to get mine at a good price when buying my car. I'd say it's worth it depending on your circumstances. I wanted it as peace of mind as my car does a good amount of miles per week so I need to be able to just drop my car off, get a replacement for the day and pick it up fixed later on.

Saying that it hasn't had to go in too many times since. I'd say it's worth it if a) you do a lot of driving around b) you plan on keeping the vehicle for a few years and c) if you want it easy and piece of mind. If not I'd say it's a lot for nothing and you can't modify your car without voiding it. It only includes so much in it too so I do sometimes wonder if you'd be cheaper just paying elsewhere? Although from a selling perspective it's good to say it's all been done by Merc

If you're considering it, I would speak to your Merc garage to see if they can sort you a deal out. I think I paid £400 for an extra 2 years warranty once mine expires in March next year

·
Registered
239 Posts
As it’s 3 years old now I’ve decided to take up an offer from Mercedes to extend the Warranty

Gave me a few options and gone for £30 per month pay as you go deal, as I may change it anytime

·
Registered
102 Posts
Does anybody know what the cost of extending the warranty will be at a MB dealership?

I realise there are some 'non manufacturer' companies that do this but would rather go with MB if I can.

·
Administrator
4,828 Posts
See post #7 above, but if your car is still within the initial warranty period it may not return a quote.

·
Registered
102 Posts
See post #7 above, but if your car is still within the initial warranty period it may not return a quote.
MB will not quote and asks you to call them. Checked a couple inline ones.

Motoreasy - £49.50pm or pay for full year and save £51. You can also pay for 2 or 3 years up front. (3 years you save approx.. £350)

Warranty Direct - £18.20pm or £218.40 for full year. (which I think is very good, but I'm thinking there's a catch somewhere!)

Did have a quick look at what's covered and it seemed very comprehensive, including the parts for our little head replacement issue!!

If MB doesn't come up with anything I'll be looking into this come September.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had a Mini, bought a warranty extension for 2 more years, a total of 4.

This time with my A35, I contacted my dealership to buy an extension.
But they came back with the information that Mercedes does not have warranty extension on AMG cars...

Ok, there are 3 ou 4 components that are more stretch to the limit and could be a "problem", but 95% of the car is the same as a A250... I dont know why we cant have a warranty on a Mbux, ou a rear camera like any other Mercedes.
Probably it's because A35 has more mechanicals issues then A250, since the motor and all the "moving parts" of the car are accepting more pressure/forces, due to horse power and torque increase.

Do not forget that the warranty extension is NOT from MB, but from an insurance company... so they are fully aware about the "quality" of A35 and also that AMG cars are NOT driven from old ladies, but from pure petrolheads addicted to speed (at least the majority). Therefore, the risk is big from their side and they are not willing to take it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts