Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you get a service plan after the service, you won’t get the service included that you just had - you need to pay for that separately. Otherwise it’s a bit like getting house insurance after the house has burned down....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Big d, I didn't pay separately for the service. I was offered the service plan before they did the service. If you ask them about the service plan before they do it I'm sure they will sign you up and that service will be included and you won't need to pay seperatly for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
many things you can do yourself~ haha
Many things you can't including any software updates, keeping value in the vehicle by having a dealership service, keeping warranty if something goes wrong and Mercedes say its down to lack of service and claiming your not competent enough to do it yourself and caused the issue, also in the UK you get continued breakdown cover amongst other things I belive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Many things you can't including any software updates, keeping value in the vehicle by having a dealership service, keeping warranty if something goes wrong and Mercedes say its down to lack of service and claiming your not competent enough to do it yourself and caused the issue, also in the UK you get continued breakdown cover amongst other things I belive.
You do get breakdown cover as long as it is serviced with Merc. Probably best taking out a service plan a few months before

·
Registered
335 Posts
When I looked into this I found quite large differences in price around the country so I would shop around.

Also filters should be included in the cost & watch out for things like gearbox oil, this might be mileage related only unlike brake fluid which is time & not miles related.

I found my salesman was telling me all sorts of porkies to get me to sign up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a lease hire car, and chose not to pay extra for servicing/maintenance. The car is due it's first service in 75 days. Can I still take out a service plan - do I just need to visit any MB dealership and ask them to set one up for me?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a lease hire car, and chose not to pay extra for servicing/maintenance. The car is due it's first service in 75 days. Can I still take out a service plan - do I just need to visit any MB dealership and ask them to set one up for me?
I would believe it to be as simple as that..

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you are thinking of setting up plan do it now as the price per month will change to £29 to £32 pcm nearer to the service due date or if you car close to 12 months ownership.
Have a look at this link.

·
Registered
105 Posts

well,

i don't think the A services and B services is enough for the car, so i said, do myself is, to change oil at 5000-6000km interval, ( do not use oil from dealer, because they might sponsored by some oil company, Mobil 1 maybe not good enough, i use Liqui Moly) including filter change, and engine air filter change every year! and i don't think A services and B services including the coolant replacement, and for that i will do myself to replace the amount in the coolant tank every 2000km especially in the summer. and replace it flush the system every 2-3 years. brake fluid, i got tester to show how much water inside, and will replace it every 2 years if need it.

in Canada, A services tell me to do oil change every 23000km, haha, i will not follow that and change it more feq, ( i will ask dealer to do it, provide my own oil and they only charge me 80 CAD, to do so.

so, if you own the car, not lease it, and want to keep car for long time, do yourself and do your maintenance before the manual requested.

·
Registered
43 Posts
well,

i don't think the A services and B services is enough for the car, so i said, do myself is, to change oil at 5000-6000km interval, ( do not use oil from dealer, because they might sponsored by some oil company, Mobil 1 maybe not good enough, i use Liqui Moly) including filter change, and engine air filter change every year! and i don't think A services and B services including the coolant replacement, and for that i will do myself to replace the amount in the coolant tank every 2000km especially in the summer. and replace it flush the system every 2-3 years. brake fluid, i got tester to show how much water inside, and will replace it every 2 years if need it.

in Canada, A services tell me to do oil change every 23000km, haha, i will not follow that and change it more feq, ( i will ask dealer to do it, provide my own oil and they only charge me 80 CAD, to do so.

so, if you own the car, not lease it, and want to keep car for long time, do yourself and do your maintenance before the manual requested.
And also lose your warranty..

It's worth keeping the warranty even if it's just for electrics

·
Registered
105 Posts
And also lose your warranty..

It's worth keeping the warranty even if it's just for electrics
don't worry, i will not lose the warranty, i'm still doing A and B but just more feq, i did this for my another vw car, no problem with it.

for electrics, the things electrics do not like it 1. heat, 2 .moist, keep those two always from the electrics, everything would be fine, i left engine hood big open every time i arrive home to let those heat to escape, and running a big dehumidifier in my garage to kill all those moist. and i got heat Insulation film installed on those plastic parts inside engine near the turbo, and a battery charger always connect to the starter battery when park. so nothing would go wrong.

many people love the word "warranty" but how about after the warranty? those plastic parts will be fine during your warranty, but how about after it? MB still better on use less plastic parts which is good than BMW.

by the way, i had went though two warranty fix, no problem at dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What do you recomend for a Pre-owned A200 petrol? It has 3 months

I think they did the 1st maintenance when they gave the car since it had 9k

Should i buy this pack with the 3? Should i contact different dealers?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm assuming you don't need to go to the main dealer to get brake pads, discs and non service parts fitted? If I'm not mistaken?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Everything in this world, to be considered good must me expensive!
That´s why I decided long time ago to make "bad quality home service"... but cost´s a small fraction of these values ;-)

·
Registered
43 Posts
You have to pay start paying into the service plan way before your service is due if you wanted to do it by monthly payments but you can just pay for the service plan in full just before your service is due which is probably the better route.. for me anyways

·
Registered
43 Posts
FYI you can get a refund if you decide to sell you car before you have used up your services bearing in mind you have paid more into the service plan if it was by monthly payments.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's more than you get with VW, sold my GTI without having a service in that plan, made 4 payments. VW's answer, tough s...., shan't be going back anytime soon.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went in for my 1 year Service (my car is on a 3 year lease btw) in December, the cost was £275 (total I mean, no extra costs for oil, brake fluid, or anything else).

So anyway, I paid it, and also set up a payment plan for my year 2 Service (which if I recall correctly was going to be £375 wish?). Anyway I got home, and half hour later got a call from the Dealership saying they were refunding the £275 AND cancelling the Year 2 Service Plan I'd only just set up, because they'd just discovered that my car had 2 years FREE SERVICING included!! Yeha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice! how did you get that?
I went in for my 1 year Service (my car is on a 3 year lease btw) in December, the cost was £275 (total I mean, no extra costs for oil, brake fluid, or anything else).

So anyway, I paid it, and also set up a payment plan for my year 2 Service (which if I recall correctly was going to be £375 wish?). Anyway I got home, and half hour later got a call from the Dealership saying they were refunding the £275 AND cancelling the Year 2 Service Plan I'd only just set up, because they'd just discovered that my car had 2 years FREE SERVICING included!! Yeha

21 - 40 of 46 Posts