Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And just as you think it's going fantastically, some idiot scrapes the front of your car and doesn't leave a number or anything!! Does anyone know whether the mercedes benz smart insurance is any good or worth it?? Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oh no very sorry to hear this. I always park at the furthest end of the car park...for a reason and like today come back and find someone jammed up beside you....and loads of spaces...why???

Hope it isn't too expensive or painful. If it was a supermarket car park...they have CCTV and worth a look!

·
Registered
67 Posts
My condolences Danny.
If only someone could invent a reverse and forward cam that activates when the parking sensors do -that starts snapping pictures so we can see when someone hurts our loved one - won't stop 'tards that can't drive, but maybe the insurers could then follow up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I feel for you Danny czc
I know exactly how you feel and in 3 weeks I've had quite a few cases where you feel like 'instructing fellow motorists on the finer art of considerate parking'

Of course I'm keeping it polite for this forum!Edited by: Anzz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your messages guys! The thing that hurts the most is that it won't be factory paint in one part of the car!! Sounds ridiculous but it's never the same! Oh well shall get a quote tomorrow but I'm not looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am fed up because I have two stone chips! I'd be really feeling bad if someone did damage and didn't even leave their number! Perhaps there is cctv footage as has been suggested? I wish you well! Hope you can find the little so and so!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have gone for the MDI insurance and evidently you can have 6 claims in three years (max £3000) for minor damage claims - costs you £20 per claim - dealer said it's a good idea to take it and have any minor stuff done at end of contract before you trade it in as it will look better for part x pricing ? - haggle - got a good deal on mine from MB as well

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just be careful of smart repairs. The dealership did one on my bumper before I even took delivery and the paint came off when polished. It wasn't a good colour match either and they got overspray on other parts of the bumper that could cost £££ you when you return the vehicle (assuming it is on PCP). I was about to take them to court before MB stepped in (agreeing it didn't meet the return conditions) and told the dealership to have it resprayed but it still took 3 weeks of hassle to get a date out of them. I am supposed to pick it up today but suprise suprise no one is returning my calls to let me know if it will be ready or not. Easily my worst retail experience ever but in MB defence they have been very professional and effiicent and resolved the matter the best they could so it hasn't put me off MB cars entirely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts