Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home from work today and got a message on the dash saying check tires in red, which was at 33 PSI, was fine in the morning drive, anyway I thought ****, Ill have run over a screw or something, got home, checked tires , couldnt find anything...

Hooked it up to compressor to put air back in, and to my suprise it was saying 42 PSI like it should, checked all 4 and theyre at the correct values, but the MBUX seems to think its at 33, Cars only done 3k miles, so hard to believe the TPS is knackered already?

Anyone else had a faulty reading?

·
Registered
A200 Premium Plus
32 Posts
Mine I am taking with a pinch of salt - less thank 3k on the clock.

Mercedes Me:

N/S/F: 38
N/S/R: 38
O/S/F: 37
O/S/R: 35

RING Compressor

N/S/F: 33
N/S/R: 37
O/S/F: 33
O/S/R: 37

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Mine I am taking with a pinch of salt - less thank 3k on the clock.

Mercedes Me:

N/S/F: 38
N/S/R: 38
O/S/F: 37
O/S/R: 35

RING Compressor

N/S/F: 33
N/S/R: 37
O/S/F: 33
O/S/R: 37
Interesting.
Mine are all bang on the MBUX apart from the one thats saying its 33 PSI.

Strange.

Edit: actually MBUX is saying one of the back ones is now 41 PSI when its really 33 PSI.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In #1 you said "Hooked it up to compressor ", I would not trust the gauge on any compressor, do you have a separate tyre pressure gauge?

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
I've not had a faulty reading but have had the pressure check message. I couldn't find anything either, but then on really close examination there was a screw in the tyre. I would just make sure there is absolutely no screw in any of the tyres.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Experience has shown me not to trust the gauges on inflators so I always use a separate tyre pressure gauge, I set mine some time ago, reset the TPMS and the pressures have remained accurate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can confirm after driving the car the day after, few minutes of driving everything went back to the correct values, not sure what caused this hiccup.

No air was put in the tyres between the two photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts