Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just wondered if anyone has managed to configure a button to fast forward onto the next track... I know the touch button you can navigate to the fast forward button after a few touches. When using the touch pad on centre console on the top the fast forward is there - just wanted that on the steering wheel? Maybe not possible however I thought I would ask..

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,698 Posts
As far as I’m aware only the AMG buttons are the only ones you can change. When the album art is selected on the main screen i just swipe left or right on the left steering wheel touch pad to go forward or back the tracks. Remember swipe, not push. Make sure the square album is highlighted.

·
3,312 Posts
I've settled for using the screen arrows as I mix my tracks and it seems to be highly distracting and slow to change tracks which have been shuffled.

·
Registered
CLA 45S
141 Posts
Best solution is to have the music on the center screen and move the cursor onto the track skip button. That way clicking the LHS touch pad on the wheel will skip the track. It's way more consistent than the swipe up technique imo.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi - just wondered if anyone has managed to configure a button to fast forward onto the next track... I know the touch button you can navigate to the fast forward button after a few touches. When using the touch pad on centre console on the top the fast forward is there - just wanted that on the steering wheel? Maybe not possible however I thought I would ask..

thanks
I have wanted to try to program one but thus far have not been able to come up with anything that works. For me, the quickest and easiest is the “swipe right” on the top portion of the touchpad irregardless of which function is operating on the Home Screen. Not ideal, but works. I always loved that my Macan GTS offered one button which could be programmed with ANY COMMAND. I had it programmed to Skip Track as it was my most commonly used command.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts