Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyon. Sharing some faults we encountered since the delivery of our A200 Edition one.

1. Driver side screen went black (times happened 2X) - Solution: ignition off, lock the car for 5 minutes or so and it will solved itsel.

2. Left LED headlight malfunction (2X), left headlight remains on when I lock the car. - Solution: Sane as No.1

3. Ambient lighting malfunctions including (few times, did’t count). (a.) vent (b.) remain in white colour and doesn’t respond to colour change (c.) completely off. - Solution: same as No.1

4. Rear left seat restraint system and air bag malfunction. - Solution: dealer will fix it under warranty.

5. Rear seat belt buckle stuck under the seat. - this is noting to do will the car, it was the dealer’s fault. When they fix issue No.4, they left one of the buckle under the seat... and this took me wondering how can it happen and soon realised it was the maintenance guy mistake when they trying to fix issue No.4

6. AC blow hot air under any temperature setting unless in LOW (somethimes, not happen regularly) - Solution: bring the car back to dealer and replace some sensors (forgot the name of the part).

Conclusion: for me it feel like the car has its own mind, sometimes happy and sometimes not. But overall noting significant. Please feel free to add any faults into the list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My A200 Sport is 1 year and 2 months old and I have such troubles that haven't been solved yet:
1) Biggest problem, got some noise in front suspension just after 10k km. After visiting dealer for technical inspection, they couldn't find any issues.
2) front passanger's window doesn't want to close fully. After opening the window when you close it, just going down for about 1-2 cm and doesn't go up if you pull the button. I have to push button down and then pull up again. It is happening sometimes.
3) top strip of ambient light on passenger is less bright then other ones.
4) some noise inside a front right door. Happen during playing music or even some rev of the engine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
You seem to be quite unlucky with the car! In the last 20 months since collecting the car I’ve had:
  1. Handle of sliding compartment between front seats snapped off (glued back on myself)
  2. Front driver side airbag malfunction (twice, loom under front seat too tight, fixed at the dealer, took nearly three days in total for the dealer to figure out what it was & fix)
  3. Climate control blowing either too hot or too cold (Replaced temperature sensor in roof)
No other major faults since 3. was fixed about 5 months ago. Some minor glitches that I may mention at the next service:
  • Sometimes part of the ambient lighting or one of the screens stays on after I lock the car, happened three times in last two months. fixes itself after locking the car again.

• I sometimes receive the message “driver profile has been updated online, would you like to apply the changes?” when I haven’t updated any settings online. Whenever that happens, and regardless of if I select Yes or No, it will disconnect both my work and private mobile phones. I can’t then reconnect my work phone without sharing approval codes between the phone and the car, and my private phone won’t connect at all. This is also fixed when restarting the car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had my A200 Sport Exec 7 months now and I have had a few common issues but nothing major.

• Reversing camera stopped working which was replaced under warranty
  • Infotainment screen goes black sometimes but after driving for a couple of minutes, it will automatically reboot itself (annoying as you cannot hear the radio or change drive mode)
  • Driver heated seat base needed replacing (wasn't even aware that the base gets warm as well as the extended seat which is also under warranty)
  • Servicing is a lot more expensive but the service plans aren't too bad (roughly £780 for 2 services which covers you for 2 years and you can take this out monthly)

·
Registered
202 Posts
2019 A180 AMG-Line
  • Windscreen nozzles blocked. Dealer accused me of using "wrong kind of screen wash" (I hadn't). Cost £100 to fix. Customer services told me to sod off to the ombudsman if I wasn't happy.
  • First service this Wednesday gone (used a different dealer). Smoke started pouring out of bonnet after 5 miles. It's taken 3 days for recovery to get it back to the dealer and I'm now waiting to hear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2019 A180 AMG-Line
  • Windscreen nozzles blocked. Dealer accused me of using "wrong kind of screen wash" (I hadn't). Cost £100 to fix. Customer services told me to sod off to the ombudsman if I wasn't happy.
  • First service this Wednesday gone (used a different dealer). Smoke started pouring out of bonnet after 5 miles. It's taken 3 days for recovery to get it back to the dealer and I'm now waiting to hear.
bloody **** this is terrible. did they told you what causes the smoke?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts