Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted this. Its sad to see an A class bite the dust. Anyone else come across any A classes that have had an accident or seriously damaged?

Edited by: Reuben

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just a scratch, it will polish out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, been a while since I've posted anything- just been reading .... My A-Class was written off at end of June in Asdas car park. A person lost control while I was just pulling out of the bay. She was going at such a speed that it wrote my car off and a damaged a few others on the way. I saw it coming but my wife was in the foot well looking in the handbag and got a few seat belt and air bag bruises, but apart from that no one was hurt. But the car crumpled badly, front of the chassis was bent and the engineer decided it was too costly to repair ... and I didn't want it back anyway.

Only 3 months old with 3000 on the clock. Anyway my insurance was such that I got either market value or a brand new car- a no-brainer I thought, except I am now driving around in a hired B-Class (don't laugh!) Also I took the opportunity to add Distronic plus and memory pack to the original spec. I Should get my new one end of September (so a 3 month wait) and I can't wait to be honest- really miss it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is that the red one in picture because several large parts been on eBay a while and was interested but worried might not be RIGHT.?? If you get me.!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes we are both ok now thanks. The person who hit us had, allegedly, floored the accelerator instead of the brake!Its worth mentioning that the protection you get in an A-Class (and probably modern cars in general) is fantastic. The front crumpled, all front airbags deployed- steering column, under dash by the pedals, passenger bags and passenger- unfortunatley its the only way to test them!

I havent seen the car since the day of the crash, so who knows where the bits are now... though I understand the Becker Map Pilot suffered no damage!

·
Registered
150 Posts
About 10 years ago while I was still a student I was part of a lift club. I was in the passenger seat of a mates car. Some @r$3 in a Ford Cortina 3.0L (the boat) was teaching his wife to drive. We were at a T junction with the perpendicular part on a decline. She was coming down turning into the road we're on. Instead of hitting the brake she floored the gas and drove straight into the driver side of my mate's car.

That was the first and last I heard of someone doing this. Until now.

Glad you're all ok though. The waiting list here in SA is a year now on the A class. Well the A250 and A45.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Never seen that post before lol

Know of others but that's an ouch moment

1 - 11 of 11 Posts