Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

My car will be delivered to work on a transporter so I will miss out on the handover at the MB garage. I can't see the delivery driver spending too much time explaining where everything is. I know thehandbrakeis going to beweirdat first but are there any other tips when you first drive it or things that you have found out once you've started driving it? Even clarity on the handbrake switch and double pressing the pedal would help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Handbrake is where your right knee is, push in to activate, from underneath pull outward to deactivate.

When stationary after breaking, with your foot still on the brake, push in firmly until you see HOLD appear in front of you, then let go. Set off as normal and you won't roll back on a hill.

Wingmirror adjustment is right where you'd expect it to be on the driver's door.

Edited by: SJM

·
Registered
629 Posts
You only need to activate the electronic parking brake - it will deactivate itself when you put the car in gear with an auto - not sure about manual though (and unless on a hill when you have to deactivate it)

I would best describe the Hold brake as it was described to me by the dealer - once you have brought the car to a halt, give a firm stab of the brake pedal approx. 1 inch and the hold sign will appear. Its a slight knack but soon becomes natural and very useful.

Don't worry about missing the MB handover - you'll get your hands on it faster and half the fun of a new car is exploring its features with manual in hand anyway.

Enjoy Anzz

·
Registered
138 Posts
If it is auto, in Eco and you plant it(ahem!) there will be a short delay while it kicks down and then hold on for dear life!

Engineered experience from over taking 10 mins after leaving the garage!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mon2s I am the saddo that sits down with the instruction manual and reads it from cover to cover! Twice! Good info on this thread particularly about the handbrake. Any other switches or gadgets you've found since running your A Class? I have just got an iphone 5 but with no media package does it connect by Bluetooth okay?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not really Anzz. Once you get used to the content of the driver display menu and the audio 20 menu via the 'wheel' its all good. You just have to play and explore and gain familiarity Such a chore - not! Yes, Bluetooth works well for me for making phone calls

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wife'll think we've fell out as I can see myself sitting on the drive in my car for hours on end! In the interest of making sure I am fully conversant with all the controls for complete road safety of course!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts