Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i thought i would have a little fun with some plastidip tonight and try the glossifier (first time).
I'll be honest right now and say i am a little bit disappointed, i was under the impression that the glossifier can create a crystal clear shine, similar to at least a solid paint. I've applied 5 coats of black plastidip, then continued with 6 coats of glossifier, and still it came out with a "satin" gloss at best. Nevertheless i still had fun and the outcome was pretty good, i think i'll stick with this for awhile til i get bored and rip it off. Comments?

Sorry for the pixelated pictures on these last few ones... Sun went down and i have quite limited light... so there's quite abit of noise, but you can see what it looks like. **** phone camera. haha

Edited by: Loevess

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Sweet

·
Registered
373 Posts
looks good loevess ... are you gonna get some pics up in better light please??
.... so we can really appreciate your handy work?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!
the pictures above are when it's fresh, i left it sink it for about 8 hours and when i woke up this morning it looks like the glossifier hasrecedednicely with the plastidip. It's still the "satin" gloss finish, but it still looks alot better then just Matte black IMO...

and yes! here are more picture under better light. Will post more when the sun is not shining directly at it, but up high in the sky. Today's sunshine is so **** bright! I felt like goku was preparing akamehameha.
</span>

</span>

</span>

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks really good! Looks like the A45! Tempted to get it wrapped in gloss black vinyl though or maybe even carbon..<mytubeelement id="myTubeRelayElementToTab" ="relayPrefs" =""loadBundle":true"></mytubeelement>

How hard would it be to plastidip the grill? Is it possible to remove the grill without taking of the front bar?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks tommy!, sorry for the delayed reply. No it shouldn't be too hard at all to plastidip the grille. In terms of dismantling it.. I'm not sure on how to do it, but i did get to ask my salesman the other day, and he said it should be simple. Try checking if there's pins on both left and right sides of it and just try clicking it away? but don't take my word for it, just have a fiddle with it and dont be too rough as you might break some pins you need..

After you take your grill of basically just mask off the parts that you don't want (with masking tape) and spray away you go! Remember to spray evenly. Do 3-5 coats, for longer durability. All the best!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great! As an experienced plasti-dipper how difficult would it to do the chrome strips under the windows or the wing mirrors?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Haha thanks for the reply, I haven't even recieved mine yet im just planning mods for it thats all haha

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fish, chrome trims under the windows are relatively easy, because there's alot of breaklines between the window and the trim itself. The wing mirrors, i've just done one with my brother today, he has a black golf, wanting to spray his wing hot RED. It looked quite nice actually, with his, he just had to take out his wing. (The plastic part that covers the top of the wing mirror) I'm not too sure if the a class wing mirrors are easily detachable like the volkswagen's. But either way, if you don't want to take off the mirror, just make sure you mask carefully within lines and you should be fine. Find the breaklines and figure out which part you want to paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts