Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forum is now 99% dedicated to the new A-Class. Should I remove the old A-Class section and then expand the sections for the new A-Class?

I was thinking that would give us the option to separate out the technical section into sub forums etc.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think your ideas would work well Dan, it gets my vote also!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good idea dan! you get my vote also, no offence to the old A class owners, but there really is only 1% of you in this forum that are active. Hence after outweighing the differences, i think it is in the best interest of this forum to grow if the new A class section is expanded.

@reza, go to your room!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Go for it Dan.

My only request would be that we don't go for too many sub-sections. Keeping it simple usually works best. I'm sure whatever you do will be great judging on what you've built so far.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I agree with all that has been said! But as mon2s stated, please keep it simple! Even I, as a technophobe, have been able to manage this forum! Except for the Gallery/photos, which took a long while!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Would it be possible to also have the forum accessible from tapatalk on our Iphone's, androids, etc?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I sometimes access the forum from my Samsung Galaxy S3, so it should be possible! I don't know what tapatalk is though, so I may not be making sense, it is early in the morning!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol Lynne,
Well tapatalk is a forum dedicated interface...kinda like a GUI for forums to make it easier to browse the forums through your mobile.

You dont need to go on an internet explorer, you just open the tapatalk app.

Then all is resized etc and made easy to navigate through

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds a good idea. What would be helpful considering all the little niggles/ problems some people are having with the new car to create a list of problems in a database that members can add to. Equally one fro good features!Tazio

·
Registered
61 Posts
Perhaps add a "Spotted" section??

Not many around at the moment, but I am sure our community will grow. Had a similar thread in almost every car forum I have been a member of to date, bar this one.

If there is already one here, then I have completely missed it!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dan said:
The forum is now 99% dedicated to the new A-Class. Should I remove the old A-Class section and then expand the sections for the new A-Class?

I was thinking that would give us the option to separate out the technical section into sub forums etc.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

You never know in the early days how your site may grow so don't discount the earlier model would be my advise

Possibly just have one single area for the old A Class that can be expanded later if need be, and look to expand the new model areas as that is where your current traffic is coming from?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.