Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Any1 experiencing airbag issues? I’ve had the front left airbag light come on 4 times after being supposedly fixed each time

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve had mine repaired twice and it’s back on I returned my previous car which happened around 8 times smh

·
Registered
A200 Sport 2018
21 Posts
I have both front right and rear left warnings currently. Booked in with MB dealer for end of this month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seem to have the same problem, though its intermittent. After a few days with the OFF light on, the ON light suddenly reappeared. Didn't last long though - its back to off again

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought an A35 AMG brand new (march 19) and ever since it got to about a month old I have had constant airbag failures along with other issues, the airbag was always the passenger airbag and they kept claiming to fix it and do different things but eventually after their 7th attempt I had had enough and I raised a formal complaint with Mercedes AMG and then when it next happened they instead of just resetting the error messages had to send all the diagnostic data to Germany who instructed them replace the SRS control unit and so far (fingers crossed) as that was 6 weeks ago it has not come back again.

The dealers just resets the warning messages from what I was told/overheard and its a common issue on the A class and they just hope it doesn't come back, if it keeps happening you will need to force them to properly fix it and the only way I found was by complaining to a department outside of the dealership as the service managers didn't want to investigate issues as that would cause a backlog of vehicles in for service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mercedes have replaced my airbag control unit going to collect it later let’s see how long it last before the airbag warning light comes on again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts