Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the following error message on start up yesterday with the airbag symbol:

‘Front Left Malfunction - Consult Workshop’

Anyone experienced this at all? Car is only 7 months old so still under warranty. Not been able to call local dealer yet but will be doing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same MB assistance wouldn't come out so had to book into the dealer. Since I've booked it in I've also got a Rear Right malfunction too. Seems like it's a common fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this problem for around 5-6months went in and out the dealership around 5 times I finally gave up and requested a buy back which was approved

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
As my car is still under warranty (Dec ‘18 68 plate) I took it into my local dealer and asked them to sort it.

Aside from the unaccommodating service technician that booked me in (he told me if it looked suspicious like I’d been pulling wires out from under the seat then they would charge me an arm and a leg to have it repaired - like I would do that!) it all went smoothly.

Took it in last week at 8:30am and picked it up at the end of the day. Apparently it just required a software update. Strange, given it had been absolutely fine until I moved the FPS back and forward to hoover. Still, it underwent a health check up on the ramps for free and no further issues were identified!

On a side note, they gave me an E220 SE as a loaner for the day. Nothing to look at from the outside (especially seen as they hadn’t even washed it) but decent inside and lovely to drive. It was like being back in my old 3 series again :) However it drank diesel something ridiculous - I only did about 60 miles in eco mode and the fuel gauge trickled down like it was a petrol being slammed about in sport mode!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts