Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got back from Mercedes, after having an update done, so now successfully have Online music, also have the mercedes store. The software version does mention FU2 in the version number of the software.

How is everyone getting on after the update, also i keep hearing about "progressive" is this a feature ?

Cheers,

Tom

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow holdup you got FU2?
Thought it was getting released next month?

Mercedes store in the car?
If so please post picture, cause thats cool.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So i'm not sure really - i have the mercedes store which i saw in some daimler news post recently, i've included the frimware version if someone with FU1 can compare.
Wait new question, how did you figure out the firmware version?
Cause that new... Or am I forgetting a hidden menu?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nevermind you got FU2. Just confirmed with my workshop friend, who told me it got released this week in Europe and other countries.
Thanks for the information mate, you got me very exciting!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind you got FU2. Just confirmed with my workshop friend, who told me it got released this week in Europe and other countries.
Thanks for the information mate, you got me very exciting!!!
Haha no worries, i got more than i expected then. i went back because gear changing in comfort was a terrible experience, this seems to have improved it.

attached some photos of the store. :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had mine updated last week at Mercedes Derby and have the Mercedes store icon, does this mean i have the FU2 update?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had mine updated last week at Mercedes Derby and have the Mercedes store icon, does this mean i have the FU2 update?
Did you have any problems with the car or did you just want the update? I’m booked in but not sure if they will carry out an update even though I asked for it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had quite a few issues that it was booked in for, many were software related. It should have been updated by the previous MB garage but they did not do it, despite saying they had.

The update, whichever one they installed, has cured the acceleration delay and many other trivial, but annoying issues such as radio volume, retaining preferences and settings. Well worth the effort to get it done if you can.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It's interesting that there have been so many system errors on some models that have been curable by a firmware update.

My car is one of the older ones (July '18) and possesses none of the things described above (aside from saving settings; I would gladly have an update performed if it meant I could permanently disable the active lane assist, but I'm not sure that is one of the settings you can now save?).

Having worked for a long time in software development, I learned long ago that it is rarely wise to accept an update without understanding firstly exactly what is being changed - so you can decide whether you actually need it - and then waiting for a while for them to discover and correct bugs in the update. That particularly applies to MBUX!

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's interesting that there have been so many system errors on some models that have been curable by a firmware update.

My car is one of the older ones (July '18) and possesses none of the things described above (aside from saving settings; I would gladly have an update performed if it meant I could permanently disable the active lane assist, but I'm not sure that is one of the settings you can now save?).

Having worked for a long time in software development, I learned long ago that it is rarely wise to accept an update without understanding firstly exactly what is being changed - so you can decide whether you actually need it - and then waiting for a while for them to discover and correct bugs in the update. That particularly applies to MBUX!
Not all problems was curable with firmware. My first W177 ended up going back to Mercedes because firmware updates did not work. My new one is working fine, so I am a bit wary about having an update.

I wonder what else the new update adds as well as the store. I already have the progressive theme and Tidal option, if it is just the store then I will probably wait. I did receive an email from Mercedes saying that there was a new update coming in July, so I wonder if this is the update brought forward, or if there is another one due in a month.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Can you now control climate via voice or still no?
That has been possible since I guess the release of the A-class.
If you say "Hey Mercedes Help" it will then show you a list of commands it knows and you can use.
Ex opening the roof or changing colors

1 - 20 of 220 Posts