Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, New to the forum ? I’ve read that the A class dose not have fuel flap release in the boot / trunk. So does anyone out there know how Mercedes will open it to change the actuator. ?
mig.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi all, New to the forum ? I’ve read that the A class dose not have fuel flap release in the boot / trunk. So does anyone out there know how Mercedes will open it to change the actuator. ?
mig.
Hi Mig,

Sadly I can't help you. But mine actually broke a few months ago and the mechanic just swapped it out in 10minutes. I have no idea how he did it but he told me there was a way on the inside. Still clueless on what he meant but I'm happy that its an easy fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi all, A200 AMG SPORT, thanks for replying and having read other post & watched lots of video’s I was determined to open the petrol ⛽ flap. having Stripped half the boot paneling and found nothing to be able to open the flap i took to vigorously tapping the flap for approximately 10 minutes , it got to the stage that I wasn’t tapping I was thumping it, 😬. and guess what it miraculously it OPENED. 😳. Did I loose my temper YES.
After playing with the locking mechanism for some time using WD40 it was apparent it wasn’t going to work, ☹ so I removed it and have ordered a new one. There’s more ,,,, on removing it ( which was very easy ) looking in the hole 👀 I could see a rubber grommet, with a long thin screwdriver I pushed it through, looking in the boot it had come through the black lino soundproofing which is glued to to the inside of the boot 😊. Hope some of the above will help. 👍.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I havent put fuel in my car for about 3 months due to lockdown and working from home.

I pulled up at the petrol station today and the flap will not open, I unlocked and locked the car several times, and it didnt do anything, tried banging on it and that didnt help.

Has anyone else had this problem? Im currently on 0 mile range so I cant currently drive my car incase it runs out. (2019 A200)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I havent put fuel in my car for about 3 months due to lockdown and working from home.

I pulled up at the petrol station today and the flap will not open, I unlocked and locked the car several times, and it didnt do anything, tried banging on it and that didnt help.

Has anyone else had this problem? Im currently on 0 mile range so I cant currently drive my car incase it runs out. (2019 A200)
Use SOS, you’re still under warranty

·
Registered
76 Posts

No idea what could be causing that but why don't you just use your mercedes roadside assistance?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had this problem last year. I pressed the mercedes me button in the car and the breakdown guy replaced the fuel cap cover solenoid at the roadside.

He said water ingress into the lock caused the circuit board to short. He showed me it and I could see water droplets all over the circuit board.

Took about 10 minutes to replace

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ive managed to get it to open after 5 minutes of repeated pressing it. Now it wont shut though, Funny you mention water, Id been using a pressure washer to clean it and was blasting around the fuel cap area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day. I am an A class owner (V177) from Canada. Lately there has been a problem with my fuel lid refusing to open. The car is unlocked when this problem occurred. I have tried prying the lid open, but stopped after a little plastic piece broke and fell out. I tried removing the trunk liner to see if there is a manual release, but also failed because the push pins are just so hard to remove. I’ve had this car for less than a year but had to go to the body ship nearly every month for little problems. I really don’t want to go there anymore. Can anybody help me?
Thanks

·
Registered
Mercedes w177 A250 Edition 1
11 Posts
Good day. I am an A class owner (V177) from Canada. Lately there has been a problem with my fuel lid refusing to open. The car is unlocked when this problem occurred. I have tried prying the lid open, but stopped after a little plastic piece broke and fell out. I tried removing the trunk liner to see if there is a manual release, but also failed because the push pins are just so hard to remove. I’ve had this car for less than a year but had to go to the body ship nearly every month for little problems. I really don’t want to go there anymore. Can anybody help me?
Thanks
i had the same problem last Week. It’s because the locker( Electronic chip )of the fuel lid is full with water and then stops working. They replaced it with a new part in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Weirdly enough I've never experienced this, but while my car was in at a dealer for another issue it seems it happened to them, they rang and said they noticed my fuel cap was stuck, which they've fixed.

Flummoxed me as I'd had no issues, but I guess it was this problem. They fixed f.o.c.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts