Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The fuel door on my A35 is locked even when the doors are unlocked.

Anyone had that issue could recommend how to resolve before I schedule a visit at the dealer.

Ty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
may help ,

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
See thread below.
Press the Me button overhead.

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
It happened to me a couple of months ago. Mercedes sent out the mobile van who carried spare solenoid. Was repaired in a couple of minutes at no charge. He said it was a common problem.

Reactions: veeeight

·
Registered
38 Posts
So just for the benefit of everyone, was at the dealer today to resolve the stucked fuel door issue.

Dealer told me that there is no easy way to get to the fuel trap release unless you uninstall a buch of parts first... So unless you are a mechanic, you have to go to the dealer.

Dealer told me they already replaced quite a few solenoid parts relating to this stucked fuel door issue and that rust is the issue... Fortunately, they ordered a few of those parts fro stock.

I asked if they could simply disable the lock but apparently not.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, A200 AMG SPORT, thanks for replying and having read other post & watched lots of video’s I was determined to open the petrol ⛽ flap. having Stripped half the boot paneling and found nothing to be able to open the flap i took to vigorously tapping the flap for approximately 10 minutes , it got to the stage that I wasn’t tapping I was thumping it, 😬. and guess what it miraculously it OPENED. 😳. Did I loose my temper YES.
After playing with the locking mechanism for some time using WD40 it was apparent it wasn’t going to work, ☹ so I removed it and have ordered a new one. There’s more ,,,, on removing it ( which was very easy ) looking in the hole 👀 I could see a rubber grommet, with a long thin screwdriver I pushed it through, looking in the boot it had come through the black lino soundproofing which is glued to to the inside of the boot 😊. Hope some of the above will help. 👍.
had self same problem, Mercedes were no help other than saying I should call or RAC as they couldn't get it in to workshop for a month or so lol. RAC fella came out bout an hour later didn't have part copious amounts of Gaffa tape to protect paint work to force of the outer flap cover, then had to remove the duff solenoid came back several hours later 23.45 and fitted it after meeting his mate half way on his other job , said it's a common fault. actual solenoid are about £ 30 odd eBay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone advise if this actuator is only replaced by dealer on cars still in warranty? we have a 2019 A180 that came out of warranty in March this year.

If the dealer will not replace as out of warranty is it easy enough to change DIY?

cheers Paul

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
If your car has been serviced at a M-B dealership in the last 12 months, you are eligible for the Mobilo service, press the Me button overhead and a man in a van will be dispatched to your location to change the actuator.

You may get charged the £45 or so for the part itself (or you may get it gratis).

As long as you service you car at a M-B dealership, your Mobilo breakdown/rescue service will renew for 12 months, up to a max of 30 years.

See:

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your car has been serviced at a M-B dealership in the last 12 months, you are eligible for the Mobilo service, press the Me button overhead and a man in a van will be dispatched to your location to change the actuator.

You may get charged the £45 or so for the part itself (or you may get it gratis).

As long as you service you car at a M-B dealership, your Mobilo breakdown/rescue service will renew for 12 months, up to a max of 30 years.

See:

See:
I was advised my Mercedes to call RAC to come out and sort of of need be take directly to Mercedes jumping their queue if can't be sorted on road side.. mine was still just in warranty(a week) Mercedes stated their charge me for repair if I waited for an appointment at dealers even though as I had reported fault in warranty(the said) it would be out of warranty at the time of repair appointment FFS lol..RAC sorted out the flap actuator (came back at 11.30 pm) later that evening👍👏 that did ask for my warranty number so that could claim back from Mercedes.

·
Registered
5 Posts

See:
Thanks for the reply Veeeight I'll give it whirl (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was advised my Mercedes to call RAC to come out and sort of of need be take directly to Mercedes jumping their queue if can't be sorted on road side.. mine was still just in warranty(a week) Mercedes stated their charge me for repair if I waited for an appointment at dealers even though as I had reported fault in warranty(the said) it would be out of warranty at the time of repair appointment FFS lol..RAC sorted out the flap actuator (came back at 11.30 pm) later that evening👍👏 that did ask for my warranty number so that could claim back from Mercedes.
Thanks for the reply Mark I'll see how i get on with Mercedes failing that i'll try our breakdown. I can still get into the fuel flap at the moment with a few bangs but can see it giving up completely at some point

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
Thanks for the reply Mark I'll see how i get on with Mercedes failing that i'll try our breakdown. I can still get into the fuel flap at the moment with a few bangs but can see it giving up completely at some point
When mine was replaced the mobile mechanic said it’s easier to replace if stuck open as mine was. If it’s stuck closed you run the risk of damage trying to prize flap open. It took seconds to swap over faulty part so probably best you just leave it open until changed. He did say they attend faster if it can’t be opened incase the customer needs fuel as obviously if open you can still fuel car so not so urgent.

·
Super Moderator
2,118 Posts
Just to add I contacted my dealer who arranged for mobile mechanic to get to me. All sorted within about 2 hours of initial phone call.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Steve I pressed the Mercedes Me button in the car yesterday spoke to an advisor who said as i could usually get into the flap by banging it that it wasn't urgent so said I would need to take into the dealer. I went off the call then tried to open the flap it won't open no matter how much banging!! I might have to call them back in a few days before we run out of fuel our car is just out warranty in March.

·
Registered
5 Posts
finally sorted the fuel flap turned into a bit of drama ! I rang mercedes back they still wouldn't come out as i had plenty of fuel to get to dealer.

Then i had a go at opening it only to snap the tabs on the painted flap cover !! still couldnt open the flap !

anyway happy ending took to a local bodyshop that i know well and they have fitted new actuator and repaired the flap cover all good and back together working cost me £65 cash dont think is too bad considering. I know i should have bought and changed the actuator myself when started playing up but hey ho we live and learn.

Thanks for all the advise

21 - 36 of 36 Posts