Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the dealers tend to give a tank of petrol when you collect the car or not??

My dealer was meant to deliver it to my house on a transporter (250 miles odd), but I told them I would collect it if they throw in a full tank of fuel for the return journey (won't last long on the Engineered!!), and they agreed rather easily!

Now I am thinking maybe I got bluffed, and perhaps they gave this anyway and I have just got myself a bad deal! lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Got a full tank of diesel in my car when I collected it, wasn't mentioned in negotiating the order, seems that it various from dealer to dealer even salesman to salesman.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We did too! A full tank of fuel on collection, nice surprise. Think I'd want more than a full tank of fuel for 250 miles though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got a full tank too, much better than when I collected the Focus, had 17 miles to empty and that was the lowest it ever got!

·
Registered
352 Posts
and me

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like I got the wrong end of the bargain then! Still would rather go collect it from the dealer than have some grumpy transporter driver drop it off after a 250 mile drive!

Anything else which anyone can suggest i can try and get them to throw in if I say I will collect it?? I will most certainly say to them that everyone gets a full tank anyway!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, it depends on the dealer. I got a full tank, MB keyring, a couple of caps and shirts for me and my missus

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sureyou pay for a full tank in the delivery charge that you have to pay regardless. I was less than impressed when I realised I only had half a tank (in the excitement I didn't check before setting off)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts