Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone finding the fuel tank a little small?

I only seem to be able to fill up 45 litres from 0.

If the fuel gauge is on 0 is there a reserve tank too?

·
Registered
147 Posts
You sure, the gauge was at 0? My A180 petrol gives a message about being on the reserve tank well before 0. The manual says, the tank is 40 or 50 l including the reserve depending on the model.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes i find my fuel tankextremelysmall, verging onnonexistent....although to be fair my car hasnt been built yet so that's not a surprise

·
Registered
138 Posts
I remember one of the reviews mentioning the car had a small tank. I figured I liked the car so much I would just have to live with the design " feature" ...and lots of trips to the petrol station for an engineered!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Crocket,

The tank is just 50 litres - quite a lot smaller that the 60 litres I have been used to in my last few vehicles. Still, it should mean more frequent stops at the petrol station where people can admire your new toy!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Gino said:
Hi Crocket,

The tank is just 50 litres - quite a lot smaller that the 60 litres I have been used to in my last few vehicles. Still, it should mean more frequent stops at the petrol station where people can admire your new toy![/QUOTE]

Exactly!

·
Registered
626 Posts
On the plus side, it's lovely an cheap to fill up!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am pretty sure that the fuel gauge mark 1 refers to tanks max capacity NOT including the reserve quantity, which is approx 6 lt. Therefore using Litres as reference unit, mark 1 corresponds to 44 lt and mark 1/2 to 22 lt accordingly.

In the following picture quantities can be clearly seen in case 1 corresponds to 50 lt and 44 lt accordingly.

I base my thoughts on two different observations:

1)A had a trip of 486 km with average consumption of 7.3 lt/100 km, therefore consumption was 35.5 lt. Having a full tank when voyage started, ie 50 lt, the remaining fuel should be 14.5 lt. But the needle was below the first line and in case that mark 1 is 50 lt, this means that remaining fuel was less than 12.5 lt. Something must go wrong...

But what if mark 1 is 44 lt, then the needle was showing approx 8lt something that makes sense.

2)I visited the gas station directly once the reserve indication light appears. The needle was at the point indicated by the green arrow. Lets say mark 1 is 50 lt and green arrow 6 lt (when reserve light appears). I filled up the tank with 30.5 lt and then needle then moved to the point illustrated by the blue arrow. Therefore we assume 6+30.5= 36.5 lt, but as per picture above it should be approx 42-43 lt.

But what if mark 1 is 44 lt? Then the needle will indicate approx 37 lt, which is normal.

Furthermore and as per fellow 'Crocket', he was unable to fill up the tank with more than 45 lt from 0 indication.

In view of all above I understand that 0 indication corresponds to 6 lt and when warning light comes on does not mean that you enter reserve capacity but you should consider to refuel your vehicle.

Other fellows' opinions/experience are very welcome.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I brimmed mine from pretty much empty....... £63 so about 47 litres.

better than my old insignia which would take over £100 to fill for a similar range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts