Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes that is the current E class. I was in one a few weeks back and it worked fine in full screen and has done since launch in 2016 and uses the older NTG 5.5 system

Second this... I had a 67 plate E400 coupe for a month as a courtesy car when my A35 was rear ended and i can confirm apple car play works in full screen. It was strange getting back in the A35 and having half the screen. Looks a bit naff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Guys, 7 signatures left for the petition, let's make it happen!!
It's possible for the admin to pin the link of the petition for easy access?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Just signed - for what it's worth...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Someone with IOS 13 beta can check if it has Full screen?

Regards
It's not related with the iOS version, is Mercedes limiting the output.
This information is confirmed officially by Mercedes and this is the whole point of the petition :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
i paid extra for that ios/android integration , and they cant make whole screen , for what do i have screen there anyway..

·
Registered
909 Posts
i paid extra for that ios/android integration , and they cant make whole screen , for what do i have screen there anyway..
I’m definitely in the camp of preferring ACP to span the whole screen, but one thing to bear in mind is the steering wheel obscures a part of the middle screen. As iOS 13 has rearranged the ACP screen layout, I’m not sure what will be hidden if we get full screen support

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m definitely in the camp of preferring ACP to span the whole screen, but one thing to bear in mind is the steering wheel obscures a part of the middle screen. As iOS 13 has rearranged the ACP screen layout, I’m not sure what will be hidden if we get full screen support
It's not very important as Mercedes should keep as it is an just create an option on the menu for those who wants full screen :grin:

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's not very important as Mercedes should keep as it is an just create an option on the menu for those who wants full screen :grin:
Yes that would be the ultimate option :smile_big:

·
Registered
19 Posts
She does’t really specify that if you remove the cable for the wireless charging you loose the CarPlay/Android Auto connection :)
It’s not really transparent and looks like MB want not to be. She just said you have to plug into the USB-C for CarPlay and then once the CarPlay is working, she removes the cable to demonstrate the wireless charging... So they associate both functionalities in the same sequence!
Honestly for common people, the conclusion is “you can remove the cable if you want to use it in a wireless way”.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts