Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I took delivery of my new W177 A180 Premium Plus pack on Monday. I'm fairly familiar with how MBUX is controlled but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the full-screen map on the dash. The Navigation on the infotainment/left screen shows directions without issue, However, in all the reviews they show off the full-screen map where the dials melt away - I've attached a screenshot of what I mean.

On the right-hand touchpad I've selected navigation but only get two options: a direction arrow or a 2d maps both between the speedo dials. Has anybody else experienced this? Could it be part of a navigation pack or an update that the car hasn't got?

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you have navigation selected on the dash screen, swiping down to select the direction arrow/2d maps has another option (for me at least) of fullscreen - this is how it is selected.

Perhaps it requires the advanced navigation package?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - Do you have one the Advanced Navigation pack fitted? As far as I was aware that added the heads up display, augmented reality and speed sign features.

It's not a dealbreaker but was one of the wow factors of the new display - I opted for the premium plus because it seemed like was fully loaded. I keep finding things missing!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I do indeed, just had a look on the equipment site and it doesn't mention that the advanced navigation package provides this. Could be worth contacting your dealer and asking them, they might have a bit more info?

There are 3 "extra" packages after the Premium Plus, being Advanced Navigation, Driving Assistance, and Advanced Smartphone.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The map as it is showing in your picture is what the “full screen” navigation on the drivers screen looks like for me. I have the advanced navigation package. It does not display it like it does on the entertainment/centre screen. I imagine the reason for that is because it still needs to show essential information on the dash: fuel level, gear selection, speed, cruise control, etc.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi All,

I took delivery of my new W177 A180 Premium Plus pack on Monday. I'm fairly familiar with how MBUX is controlled but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the full-screen map on the dash. The Navigation on the infotainment/left screen shows directions without issue, However, in all the reviews they show off the full-screen map where the dials melt away - I've attached a screenshot of what I mean.

On the right-hand touchpad I've selected navigation but only get two options: a direction arrow or a 2d maps both between the speedo dials. Has anybody else experienced this? Could it be part of a navigation pack or an update that the car hasn't got?

That’s really strange because your middle screen is showing what the drivers screen should look like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the help guys seems like you both have the third option with the pack. A real shame I would have thought its was MBUX feature as its not obvious when I ordered it. I will confirm on here once I've spoken to the dealer but I guess it's not available to me.

I can only see two options from selecting the navigation button on the screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s really strange because your middle screen is showing what the drivers screen should look like!

Sorry I was using that image as an example what the full-screen map I was looking for is like, I don't have the full-screen option

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cheers for the help guys seems like you both have the third option with the pack. A real shame I would have thought its was MBUX feature as its not obvious when I ordered it. I will confirm on here once I've spoken to the dealer but I guess it's not available to me.

I can only see two options from selecting the navigation button on the screen.

Hot dayum that sucks, they REALLY need to be more transparent as to what is included in a pack and what isn't.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry I was using that image as an example what the full-screen map I was looking for is like, I don't have the full-screen option

That's strange as I have the A200 Premium Plus and I have the option of full drivers screen map. I thought this was on all models..

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don’t need the navigation pack to get that option. I don’t have the optional navigation pack and I can still get the full screen navigation on the right screen (behind the steering wheel).

I’ll post some photos later if you want

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hot dayum that sucks, they REALLY need to be more transparent as to what is included in a pack and what isn't.
Salespeople being salespeople, they're keen to tell you what's in it, instead of what's not in it.

This has been an issue in Australia, with some cars not getting Mercedes Me, and some do. Mine is the Edition 1, so it doesn't have it. At no point during the sales process the salesman notified me about this big ass missing feature. However I'm not too bothered with that (I'm paranoid about getting my car connected to the internet), but some people feel strongly about that.

Unfortunately with dealers, unless you're buying an ultra-luxury brand that makes 10 cars per year, you can expect the salesperson to not be honest with you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I picked up a new 19-plate A-200 AMG yesterday and was also wondering how to get this full screen nav view in the dash screen that I've seen on line and on YouTube videos. I only have the two options - small centre map or arrows. The only full-screen option I seem to have for the dash screen is trip, which to me is pretty pointless, a long wave line across the dash with car at one end and chequered flag at the other. I don't have the nav plus package but I do have the driver assist and exec package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the same boat here, I took delivery of an A250 Premium Plus on Tuesday and was super excited to put the map full screen on the drivers display but cannot find the option.

I was wondering if it something we have to download as an update but haven't looked into that yet as I think it needs Mercedes Me set up - which I also haven't done yet.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Not disagreeing with you, but could you imagine the brochure descriptions trying to explain the differences? It would be horrendously complicated for most folks to comprehend without actually seeing the systems in action. Perhaps in future MB could put a little MBUX simulator online so that people could play with the system and see for themselves what it included and what isn't with each option pack. It's a lost cause expecting the dealers to know the details of the system - well that's been my experience over the years with dealers of all manufacturers anyway...

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm in the same boat here, I took delivery of an A250 Premium Plus on Tuesday and was super excited to put the map full screen on the drivers display but cannot find the option.

I was wondering if it something we have to download as an update but haven't looked into that yet as I think it needs Mercedes Me set up - which I also haven't done yet.
Unless it’s changed then it should work, mine does :smile:

·
Registered
179 Posts
There may be some software variations between cars, would help if you posted what version you are on an if you have the full screen or not. Should be a way to force an update overwriting the existing software you currently have to with a newer or the same version, this may help if it is just a bug.

or

Could it be Mercedes have removed the option (older software may still have it) and will now include it in with an advanced pack.? Shady if that is the case.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have the longer screen, try this.

Press home button (house). Then swipe with the middle square button left or right until you reach navigation. Then swipe up or down until you reach the text ”full screen”. Press the button.

So the trick is to first go vertically and then horizontally. If this doesn’t work, then the option is most probably not available.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you have the longer screen, try this.

Press home button (house). Then swipe with the middle square button left or right until you reach navigation. Then swipe up or down until you reach the text ”full screen”. Press the button.

So the trick is to first go vertically and then horizontally. If this doesn’t work, then the option is most probably not available.
No there is no third option - full screen view - on the centre dash when nav is selected, only the small map and the arrow view. Maybe on later models they made this part of the advanced nav pack, which i don't have.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts