Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding something here but getting the full screen nav is quite straightforward. When you have the small nav between the dials simply scroll down. The small map disappears and you see the words "Full screen". Then just click

·
Registered
27 Posts
I heard they've changed the spec and full screen map on drivers side is only available with the navigation pack now. It sucks because it really is a wow factor and the thing most people comment on when in the car. I don't have nav pack but have the full screen, May delivery 2019.

·
Registered
405 Posts
To be honest, I never use the map in the driver cluster; it looks much better in the centre of the dash, plus it's the only place you get the augmented navigation. Now that is a wow factor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding something here but getting the full screen nav is quite straightforward. When you have the small nav between the dials simply scroll down. The small map disappears and you see the words "Full screen". Then just click
Yep your are misunderstanding!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly, and I among others have already described that, but apparenty some people do not have that option available even if they have the wider display.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the reply - Do you have one the Advanced Navigation pack fitted? As far as I was aware that added the heads up display, augmented reality and speed sign features.

It's not a dealbreaker but was one of the wow factors of the new display - I opted for the premium plus because it seemed like was fully loaded. I keep finding things missing!
I had the exact same issue 3 weeks ago. I’ve DM you. Basically merc stopped adding it as standard on all cars post May! But didn’t tell anyone, change their advertising or even communicate it to their dealers!!!! I was the first to raise this but they tried to blame me! Ridiculous really. I started a post about it last week

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to clear it up, check your cars “build code” 548 doesn’t have it but, 549 does! 549 build is pre May 2019, 548 is post May. Or at least that’s the official statement from Merc and LSH auto! Be interesting to compare and see if we been told the truth?

To find your build code get the OASIS paperwork on your car from the dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just to clear it up, check your cars “build code” 548 doesn’t have it but, 549 does! 549 build is pre May 2019, 548 is post May. Or at least that’s the official statement from Merc and LSH auto! Be interesting to compare and see if we been told the truth?

To find your build code get the OASIS paperwork on your car from the dealer.
This actually sounds far more complicated than just bringing up the Nav option for the centre dash then realising it only has map or arrow view options :grin: I'm missing full screen dash map but luckily there's a big fullscreen map just next door.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My June/July build has code 549. So no not the whole truth.
Yes I have fullscreen Map.
Ensure you are selecting the centre element of the "Instrument panel".
Press the home button one or twice until I get the left/right menu, move to "Nav" and select. If you start from the "Trip" menu you only get the current journey.
Then up until I get to "Full Screen"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ben&Sandy- the exact date your car was built is less of an indicator. It's the build code. 549 has it as standard without advanced nav upgrade. 548 you have to now pay but you wont get told that. If you've seen the nav feature in your mates 549 for example youd naturally presume yours is gonna get it too. And your dealer wont know otherwise!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have the same problem with my new A180 sedan. I've contacted MB and the explained to me that there are several versions of the MBUX system. The following is provided by Daimler:

Hardware/computer

• Basic graphics chip: NVIDIA Reilly PX (Headunit Mid/Entry)
  • Top graphics chip: NVIDIA Parker 128 (Headunit High)
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • CPU: 6 Core, 2 Denver and 4xA57
  • GPU: 128 - 256 CUDA Cores
  • Performance: 59,300 DMIPS, 500GFLOPS
Operating system: Linux

It appears to be that there are two chips available for the MBUX system, the NVIDIA Reilly PX and the NVIDIA Parker 128. For the full screen navigation on the drivers display (headunit, as they call it), the NVIDIA Parker 128 is required.

The MB helpdesk confirmed that I have the mid version MBUX, hence the Reilly PX chip and therefore it's not possible to have the full screen navigation. Moreover, the helpdeks told me it's likely not possible to upgrade the chip by replacing it with the Parker 128. This afternoon, I'll visit the dealer to confirm if this is true.

Now, I've three questions:

1. what (additional) package/options gives the basic graphics chip, and which options include the top graphics chip?

2. if the dealer isn't able to replace the chip, is it possible to get the chip replaced by an independent car dealer to acquire the full screen navigation?

3. does the top graphics chip only provide the full screen navigation option, or does it provide more options on the head unit display?

Keep you posted.

Jeroen

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's strange how instead of adding features as a cars lifespan progresses MB seems to be taking them away.. Full screen Nav A220, The Hud full stop, driver assistance package on A45S. Not to mention the other stuff we don't get in the UK like the 360 cam, and steering wheel mounted car settings and the like.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That seems so strange. I would have thought if you had the bigger screens and nav appear on the main screen then you would have the option to select it on your cluster screen. I have the option to select the map in between the dials but then if I keep scrolling I get the full screen option as shown by Jealy in a few posts above. Once that option comes up, I just press the scroll button and good to go. If you don't have it I would definitely ask your dealer why. I'd be interested to know too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cheers for the help guys seems like you both have the third option with the pack. A real shame I would have thought its was MBUX feature as its not obvious when I ordered it. I will confirm on here once I've spoken to the dealer but I guess it's not available to me.

I can only see two options from selecting the navigation button on the screen.
did you find about this as I’m having the same issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you find about this as I’m having the same issue
Yeah same issue here. They changed it to advance navigation pack but must have forgot to tell people who had ordered before they made this change. My dealer didn’t even know it was there 😂

21 - 40 of 40 Posts