Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

Registered
We just took delivery of an A200 AMG line premium plus, built in June 2020. It has the glasses compartment.
I can only state what the garage told me. 馃槷

So no video playback on the 548? That means no video from USB sticks and no video in the on board browser?
As @amg says;
if you car has MBUX 548 you have the MID/LOW version with no video play (MP4) capabilities and no full map display on driver's cluster and not WIFI antenna.

Registered
We just took delivery of an A200 AMG line premium plus, built in June 2020. It has the glasses compartment.
It changes in July with the model 2021. Several things have been cut to save money, wheels, brakes, puddle lights, interior light in the back footwell, and several plastic bits in the exterior trim. Plus the most important: Multi Link is almost gone on all models now and replaced with torsion beam.

Super Moderator
Diverting slightly for a moment, cost-saving and weight reduction is the aim of all Marques, not just M-B.

Registered
So no video playback on the 548? That means no video from USB sticks and no video in the on board browser?
Exactly! No videos from USB sticks - You can only hear the sound... I think that 548 is the default option for MBUX even if you fit 10.25 screens (both driver and Media)...
EDIT: I think that 548 does have internal wifi (praying for wireless carplay maybe)

Registered
Exactly! No videos from USB sticks - You can only hear the sound... I think that 548 this a no-go for wireless carplay also (549 has wifi antenna)

Just checked and mines a 548 - that wold explain why the mkv files I have tested hav never worked. Thought it was just a problem with my file format.

Registered
Yes I have both big screens and 548. Car from September 2019.
doesn鈥檛 really bother me though.
The screen resolution is incredibly sharp and crisp. Looks HD.
Yesterday I drove a loaner A200 with 10鈥 media and 7鈥 instrument. It also had Mbux 548 but the resolution on the small screen was horrible!

In my opinion a design/comfort car like this absolutely NEEDS some of those options. Without the Premium Pack a d AMG Line it鈥檚 a completely different experience. Still a very nice car - but the difference is like going from a entry level VW Golf to a mini S class. Never had that with another car brand

Registered
Yes I have both big screens and 548. Car from September 2019.
doesn鈥檛 really bother me though.
The screen resolution is incredibly sharp and crisp. Looks HD.
Yesterday I drove a loaner A200 with 10鈥 media and 7鈥 instrument. It also had Mbux 548 but the resolution on the small screen was horrible!

In my opinion a design/comfort car like this absolutely NEEDS some of those options. Without the Premium Pack a d AMG Line it鈥檚 a completely different experience. Still a very nice car - but the difference is like going from a entry level VW Golf to a mini S class. Never had that with another car brand
Yes it looks awesome. But you can't have any videos displayed on your big screens nor you can have FULL map display on your drivers screen as well as the thread says...

Registered
No exactly. And it鈥檚 not really a problem though. The navigation can be full screen on the right screen and it can take up 2/3 of the instrument screen.
As for videos I never even tried - so I don鈥檛 miss the options. But if I use the build in browser I can watch YouTube videos etc fine.

Registered
No exactly. And it鈥檚 not really a problem though. The navigation can be full screen on the right screen and it can take up 2/3 of the instrument screen.
As for videos I never even tried - so I don鈥檛 miss the options. But if I use the build in browser I can watch YouTube videos etc fine.
how do you connect to the internet for youtube videos?

Registered
If you go to the browser app then you have full internet in the car.
Don鈥檛 know if you have to subscribe to the 鈥渋nternet in car鈥 thing for it to work. I do - but always had the app.

Registered
If you go to the browser app then you have full internet in the car.
Don鈥檛 know if you have to subscribe to the 鈥渋nternet in car鈥 thing for it to work. I do - but always had the app.
Yes, but this has nothing to do with VIDEO compatibility as described in the manual for MBUX isnt it? This requires to have a paid data-plan to Vodafone all the time also.
Anyway i was surprised as I was quoted 549 on my initial order and without notification i got 548 as i discovered later due to no videos and not full map display...

Registered
Yes, but this has nothing to do with VIDEO compatibility as described in the manual for MBUX isnt it? This requires to have a paid data-plan to Vodafone all the time also.
Anyway i was surprised as I was quoted 549 on my initial order and without notification i got 548 as i discovered later due to no videos and not full map display...
I'm curious on their reaction if you show your quote demanding that you get the 549.

You stated that you need U19 to receive the 549 system. How did you find this information? I've been looking on car sites looking for differences. I see a lot of cars with 548 but as you stated, without U19.

PS; I just found some cars specced with the U19 Augmented reality navigation. These have indeed the 549 MBUX version.

Registered
I'm curious on their reaction if you show your quote demanding that you get the 549.

You stated that you need U19 to receive the 549 system. How did you find this information? I've been looking on car sites looking for differences. I see a lot of cars with 548 but as you stated, without U19.

PS; I just found some cars specced with the U19 Augmented reality navigation. These have indeed the 549 MBUX version.

If you search the A-Class brochures you will see that U19 (AUGMENTEED REALITY) and PBR (Energizing Package) state 549 MBUX system.

Registered
A few months ago on some UK broker sites there was an option to remove the AR navigation from Premium/Premium+ models, which was mentioned on a different thread. The result was a change to the GPU (possibly due to a lack of parts) but it sounds like all the models that lack full screen navigation and video playback might have the lesser GPU.

Registered
I picked up my a200 AMG premium last week and have no AR or full screen nav on the drivers side. The dealer did not mention this when I bought the car. Where do you think I stand on this?

Registered
I picked up my a200 AMG premium last week and have no AR or full screen nav on the drivers side. The dealer did not mention this when I bought the car. Where do you think I stand on this?
Depends what options are mentioned on your quote?

I have the option U19 and mbux 549. Which I could use as leverage if I did not receive these features. Because it's on the quote under options list.

Registered
I have the option U19 and mbux 549. Which I could use as leverage if I did not receive these features. Because it's on the quote under options list.
I dont have U19 neither PBR as options but 0549 was listed as standard equipment on my quote. Yet I received a 548 from factory (and I was not notified on this or the fact the 548 is less capable in functions). Unless if 548 can display vids from USB-C. Can it?

Since this can't be replaced by dealer I guess no vids on my 10.25 display and no Full Screen Map on drivers side 10.25 is the default. If you see Mercedes changed that in June19 so you get a 549 only if you have the above options fitted.

Registered
I dont have U19 neither PBR as options but 0549 was listed as standard equipment on my quote. Yet I received a 548 from factory (and I was not notified on this or the fact the 548 is less capable in functions). Unless if 548 can display vids from USB-C. Can it?

Since this can't be replaced by dealer I guess no vids on my 10.25 display and no Full Screen Map on drivers side 10.25 is the default.
But if you had U19 as an option, this would make a bigger difference I guess? I could live without the no full video. The full navigation screen for the driver screen is something I'd rather have obviously. But the U19 Augmented Reality Navigation is a whole other story.

Because that's a feature which is not added.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts