Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
But if you had U19 as an option, this would make a bigger difference I guess? I could live without the no full video. The full navigation screen for the driver screen is something I'd rather have obviously. But the U19 Augmented Reality Navigation is a whole other story.

Because that's a feature which is not added.
Its another thing FULL VIDEO than NO VIDEO based on U19 option and when your initial order was a 549 that included that function without referencing U19 - But I guess we know now why they are some functions that some cars can do while others not. Hopefully this will be wise for new buyers to get the optional equipment in order to have FULL MAPS etc...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its another thing FULL VIDEO than NO VIDEO based on U19 option and when your initial order was a 549 that included that function without referencing U19 - But I guess we know now why they are some functions that some cars can do while others not. Hopefully this will be wise for new buyers to get the optional equipment in order to have FULL MAPS etc...
Correct..

Don't think I wouldn't be mad if I received the 548 while my option list stated 549. It's always nicer to receive the 549 over the 548, even for resale value. So I get the frustration.

But when having the U19 as an extra option it would be more leverage to use against the dealer is what I meant. Because know we know when you receive the 549 MBUX. So it would be strange for him to receive 548 while having U19.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am not mad nor frustrated! As said this was a factory decision on newer cars. I just wish I knew it so I could order U19 for example to have the 549. That's all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a Sept 2019 A200 AMG line premium, bought from new but not ordered. It is my first MB, previously VW owner. I just needed to change my car quickly, and this one was available. Not knowing at the time the complications of the options packages, I'm pleased with the overall specification and don't think there is anything else I would have chosen. Just lucky I guess.

I have been reading this thread about option codes, and looking at my list from the dealer. My car does have the full screen map view on the dash, the 549 MBUX system, U19 augmented navigation and DP4 Advanced navigation package.

My question is, whats the difference between U19 augmented navigation and DP4 Advanced navigation package. I thought it was one and the same thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So today I took my a200 premium to the dealer and they can confirm that I have no augmented navigation or full screen nav on drivers display. They showed me some bulletins from Mercedes that parts were in short supply in January and that customers should be offered £150 reduction because of the lack of AR. My car was built on 9th March so a long time after but I think Covid affected the supply chain and parts available so they fitted what they had. Looking At the brochure and specification the premium is still being promoted with AR? I feel a bit cheated and have today requested to reject the car, I have had it less then 2 weeks. Do you feel I am being over the top? I just feel I have not got what I paid for.

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
114 Posts
So today I took my a200 premium to the dealer and they can confirm that I have no augmented navigation or full screen nav on drivers display. They showed me some bulletins from Mercedes that parts were in short supply in January and that customers should be offered £150 reduction because of the lack of AR. My car was built on 9th March so a long time after but I think Covid affected the supply chain and parts available so they fitted what they had. Looking At the brochure and specification the premium is still being promoted with AR? I feel a bit cheated and have today requested to reject the car, I have had it less then 2 weeks. Do you feel I am being over the top? I just feel I have not got what I paid for.
I bought my car on carwow in February, built in June, delivered in July. Apart from the only normal options of premium colours and driver assistance pack, there was an extra option of -£150 for removing AR. We assumed it must have had something to do with supply issues. We didn't choose the minus option and our car has AR. Depending where you purchased, I suspect you accidentally bought it with the minus option, because without knowing about it (as we did with carwow), why would you even think it didn't come with it. Best of luck getting it sorted.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
Re 548 and 549

There are previous mentions of 2 Nvidia hardware versions of MBUX GPU, see:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re 548 and 549

There are previous mentions of 2 Nvidia hardware versions of MBUX GPU, see:

This is exactly what it is...

• Basic: NVIDIA Reilly PX = 548
  • Advanced: NVIDIA Parker 128 = 549
If you take the - £150 option you get the Reilly GPU and you loose full screen Nav on the instrument cluster and the ability to play video. Augmented Nav obviously guarantees you the Parker GPU and the ability to play video and use the full screen nav.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think you are at all, i'd do exactly the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update on my earlier post. Today the dealer agreed for me to reject the car and replace with a car with AR and full nav in the drivers dash. For those looking to buy an a class premium please make sure your dealer checks the build list for all equipment. The new car will be with me by the end of July and I have a courtesy car until then. Good news!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Update on my earlier post. Today the dealer agreed for me to reject the car and replace with a car with AR and full nav in the drivers dash. For those looking to buy an a class premium please make sure your dealer checks the build list for all equipment. The new car will be with me by the end of July and I have a courtesy car until then. Good news!
Thanks for warning us. I did a car config on carwow for a Premium Plus a few weeks ago and noticed there was the option not to have AR with a £150 reduction but it wasn't obvious this meant you didn't get the Advanced Nav pack which cost a great deal more than £150 I'm sure. It's a bit of a con if you ask me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If you go to the browser app then you have full internet in the car.
Don’t know if you have to subscribe to the “internet in car” thing for it to work. I do - but always had the app.
Do you have 548 MBUX and play videos in YOUTUBE? or VIMEO?

Cause I dont in neither of them. In youtube I get errror "An error occured. Please try again later" and then "Insufficient memory available. Loading failed. Closing browser"

Internetinthecar is activated! - Latest firmware too!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Do you have 548 MBUX and play videos in YOUTUBE? or VIMEO?

Cause I dont in neither of them. In youtube I get errror "An error occured. Please try again later" and then "Insufficient memory available. Loading failed. Closing browser"

Internetinthecar is activated! - Latest firmware too!
Can you browse the internet in general in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Can you browse the internet in general in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I can! For example I can visit https:/youtube.com and see the screen - But no videos are playing if i select them to play.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just to revive an old thread because I stumbled across this on my new A180.

I actually had the option for full screen navigation on the drivers dash however once I connected my car and my account to Mercedes Me, this option magically vanished.

Based on the previous comments in this thread, I must have MBUX 458 but a lot of people are mentioning that this option is only available as a hardware upgrade (AR navigation etc) but my experience is proof that this is purely commercial driven and that this feature has been removed from all models and forcing customers in purchasing higher end packages.

Interestingly though, as I previously had the option, I surely should be able to get back if I visit a dealer and/or unpair my Mercedes Me account? Who knows.

·
Registered
2019 A180d AMG Line Premium
7 Posts
I have a 2019 A180d AMG Line Premium (on two 10.25" screens) which has the option for full screen navigation.
See the attached pictures, which show what I'm getting, just a red arrow on the instrument cluster display screen. No map at all!
Does anyone know if it's disabled or is there an issue that can show the map?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I have a 2019 A180d AMG Line Premium (on two 10.25" screens) which has the option for full screen navigation.
See the attached pictures, which show what I'm getting, just a red arrow on the instrument cluster display screen. No map at all!
Does anyone know if it's disabled or is there an issue that can show the map?
Have you got the Augmented Reality Nav option?

·
Registered
2019 A180d AMG Line Premium
7 Posts
Unfortunately not. There's only 1 camera on the top of the windscreen for speed limit signs.
Augmented Reality nav is 1 option I wanted but I can live without it.
Just if I can have the option for the sat nav map infront of me, if it's possible to get it working?

81 - 100 of 112 Posts