Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Update doesn’t show on my Mercedes me account, will it still show on here if it has to be done via the dealer?

·
Registered
2020 A200 AMG line premium plus with DAP
100 Posts
Any word on what's new in it? Did we get speed cameras back in the UK? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The things he brought up in the FB posts was the only thing I was hoping for.
Full screen ACP and Wireless ACP.

I never uses ACP now because its just a hassle with cables and when I use it I get annoyed that it does not use up the whole screen..

But after summer break I will try to get my dealer to update my car. Just because I like to have updated software in my car :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Urgh!! why are we having to keep going to the dealer for this kind of crap!.

Reactions: Macgd016

·
Registered
434 Posts
It will be interesting to see how you are all getting on with your dealer installing this for no other reason then that “you’d like to have the latest update”. From what I have seen on here, many dealers are not keen unless there is a problem with the car that the update will solve. This is understandable as the update I believe takes a couple of hours, taking up space in the workshop and the dealer won’t get paid for.
I appears that with lots of our devices being regularly updated, phones, smart speakers, etc, some cars are still some way behind that cycle. I believe Tesla can do it over the air?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Tesla have been doing regular OTA updates for a long time.....including complicated stuff like the Autopilot (full autonomous) update. Mercedes are not on the same planet, technology wise (though that doesn't necessarily make Tesla cars better than Mercedes cars - they're just far more competent with digital technology).

To be fair, Tesla has a fraction of the cars on the road that MB has, which makes OTA updates easier.

And yes, many/most dealers will either feign ignorance of the freshen updates altogether or like mine, flat out say that it isn't their policy to do the work. Can't blame them; who is going to work for no pay?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will likely leave mine for the first service and ask for the updates to be installed then.. Would be cool to get a list of what to expect though ahead of time..

·
Registered
434 Posts
I will likely leave mine for the first service and ask for the updates to be installed then.. Would be cool to get a list of what to expect though ahead of time..
Good luck with that, let us know how you get on and with what dealer? They’ll get paid for the service but not the update.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Same for me, I´m having it in on the second service in this autum and planning to get them to update it then. Last time they where a bit hesitating to do it but after som talking I got that fixed and some more updates when they had it in.

So hopefully it goes equally smooth this time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have my first year service booked in on July 13th (2 months overdue). It was meant to be done when I gave the car in earlier this month for some issues it had with the turbo but did they do it? Nope. Will be asking for this update to be done then.

What new features on this update?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Have you guys seen this? Possibly an extension to the driver assistance package. Hopefully something we can get with FUP3 and it does not require any new hardware. The July refresh does mention an EVO 4.5 upgrade to the driver assistance package but does anybody know if this is software only?

Wait I thought that that was part of the AR-navigation package or is this something else? Cause if i can recall correctly, when stopped at a traffic light the camera automaticly display the traffic lights on screen.

Reactions: LJC22

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wait I thought that that was part of the AR-navigation package or is this something else? Cause if i can recall correctly, when stopped at a traffic light the camera automaticly display the traffic lights on screen.
I have AR. Dont have any traffic light thing

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yes, I have that in my (2018) car now, with AR. It only switches on if you’re first at the traffic lights. I switched it off within the first few weeks because it is of little use in the UK, where there tends to be another set of traffic lights across the junction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have AR and when I stop in front of a traffic light, I have an option for make automatically the AR camera make a wide angle zoom, to see the lighting.
It seems that with FUP3 the changement is is the menu appearance, but the function seems to be the same as it already was.

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
24 Posts
I have AR and when I stop in front of a traffic light, I have an option for make automatically the AR camera make a wide angle zoom, to see the lighting. It seems that with FUP3 the changement is is the menu appearance, but the function seems to be the same as it already was.
Think you're right. Would also explain why this was not highlighted as a new feature.

1 - 20 of 394 Posts