Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
2020 A35 Amg
54 Posts
I got my W177 upgraded from FUP2 to FUP3 and can confirm both the touchpad and trackpoint on the steering wheel now works with Android Auto. This was tested with Samsung Galaxy S9 with Android 10.
Ive just had FUP3 done on mine, the personal poi are still greyed out though? Do they only appear if you put a usb with relevant files in?

If not, then im not sure what to do? I gave it back to mb to update because i wanted fup3 and the personal poi working.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ive just had FUP3 done on mine, the personal poi are still greyed out though? Do they only appear if you put a usb with relevant files in?

If not, then im not sure what to do? I gave it back to mb to update because i wanted fup3 and the personal poi working.
Yes you are right you have to have a correctly formatted memory stick with the right type of file in the correctly named folder and even then give it time to find the info its not always instant!

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
85 Posts

Put your poi in a root folder called personalpoi on a memory stick. I think it has to be in the front tray usb connector and leave it plugged in. When you first start it can seem to take ages to connect.

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts
Put your poi in a root folder called personalpoi on a memory stick. I think it has to be in the front tray usb connector and leave it plugged in. When you first start it can seem to take ages to connect.
i have my key under armrest with music files on it too. Don’t think it really matters which USB slot it is inserted in👍

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts

if you don’t have Poi file PM me with your email and I’ll send a working folder to you 👍

·
Registered
CLA Coupe 220d, 2020
3 Posts
Has anyone issue with auto lane change assist? It turns off sometimes and i need to re-enable it in assist menu.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need to go to a dealer for the latest FUP3 updates.
I recently called a dealer from my zone but they said don’t know anything about a software update..
Also told them that my mbux system is sometimes working very slow and said that need to check, but after a research some say that people who work with softwares are really bad here.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I am not sure which country you are in but if you have no luck with the dealership you should contact Mobilolife on their international freephone number for advice.

·
Registered
Mercedes A220 4matic AMG Line Executive W177 / 2019
30 Posts
Dear colleagues,
Today I successfully made a software update to apillevel / ntg6 / fup3 / 080 version which fixes bugs from previous fup2 / 063 update and allows Personal POI speed camera.

As you know, Mercedes dealers refrain from this update and any other update when there is no failure.
The fact that you cannot use the speed camera Personal POI does not affect them.
I was a little cunning.
I live in London and the headquarters of Mercedes UK is an hour's drive in Milton Keynes.
There is also a Sytner Mercedes branch from Milton Keynes.
I wrote a letter / email to Customer Service Mercedes UK
that I have problems with navigation, the rear camera and MBUX Display goes black from time to time.
And probably the only remedy is to update the softwer to fup3 / 80

That's exactly what I wrote.
1) Problem with the Navigation Software / MBUX Display Screen Personal POI is not activated, POI screen is dimmed and does not respond to clicks despite connected USB Flash Drive with Personal POI preloaded.
2) Sometimes when driving, the Navigation MBUX display goes black for a few seconds, especially when changing direction.
3) Rear camera when driving forward slowly and when turning with the indicator light on , camera eject mechanism starts to work ( extends and retracts ) what can be heard in the car cabin.

I received a call that I have an appointment today at the Sytner Mercedes Branch.
Nobody checked anything on the spot, only the car was taken, the update version that I suggested was updated.
It took 2.5 hours and the car was returned to me.
I didn't pay anything because the car is under warranty.

I had already prepared a USB Flash Stick with downloaded speed cameras for 12 euro / SCDB.info - Die weltweite Blitzerdatenbank
and after starting the Personal POI it worked and all cameras were uploaded to the maps.
They alert you visually and audibly before 15 seconds in front of the camera.

You need to know that the USB Stick must be constantly inserted into the USB socket.
In the second USB socket you can insert a USB with music.
Both USB devices work simultaneously.

What changes after the update:
All settings have been erased, but it's not a problem to set back.
The maps are left untouched, and that is important.!!!!!!
I looked carefully at everything and everything remained the same except Personal POIs and cameras were working.
It should be noted that each country has its own versions.
Some colleagues said that after the update a few things changed and even a dashcam folder was created.
I tried asking a technician to unlock and activate the dashcam.
Unfortunately, he said the system is not ready for this.
This was not the case in the UK version.
Regards
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just had my B service done today plus a few updates to the auto transmission and MBUX, everything done and I now noticed I have :- NTG6/080 installed, would that be FUP3. The car was only with the dealer for about 5 hours.

·
Super Moderator
1,587 Posts
Just had my B service done today plus a few updates to the auto transmission and MBUX, everything done and I now noticed I have :- NTG6/080 installed, would that be FUP3. The car was only with the dealer for about 5 hours.
congratulations. You are probably the first to update to FUP3 without asking for it 😂😂

·
Registered
70 Posts
You need to know that the USB Stick must be constantly inserted into the USB socket.
In the second USB socket you can insert a USB with music.
Both USB devices work simultaneously.
Why use two USBs? Just have your music on the same USB as your POIs.

·
Registered
2020 A35 Amg
54 Posts
Why use two USBs? Just have your music on the same USB as your POIs.
Yup a single usb works fine, ive got a 128gb sandisk ultra usb 3.1 NTFS formatted with music and PersonalPOI folder on it, all working fine on FreshUp3.

By the way, on the mercedes paperwork they call it freshup3. Just tell them its freezing up and ask for them to update it as you know there is a freshup3 update that fixes the problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys. Have the FUP3 installed by the dealer (Poland, Krakow) last week. Unfortunately have been having some issues with it. Can't call anybody with "hey, Mercedes". The answer is: "please, repeat" or "sorry, I'm unable to do it".

·
Registered
2020 A35 Amg
54 Posts
Hi guys. Have the FUP3 installed by the dealer (Poland, Krakow) last week. Unfortunately have been having some issues with it. Can't call anybody with "hey, Mercedes". The answer is: "please, repeat" or "sorry, I'm unable to do it".
I had that issue initially. It just needs training and bedding in. Worth spending some time and setting up your contacts and your relationships, life wife etc.

With names that are difficult to understand you can record your own voiceprint and it will instead look for that sound.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts