Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah he's definitely right, I've got this feature which i assume is part of the advanced nav pack.
I have adv nav as well. But this feature works only when you have navigation on, right? If the navigation is not on you don't get the augmented camera and therefore traffic lights won't be zoomed in? Also u get the camera on screen only if you are 500 yards within the next turn... in other cases traffic light zoom in won't appear.

May be the new feature in FU3 will show the traffic light in the instrument panel just like it shows the speed limits.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You definitely don't need navigation running, mines always showing the traffic lights when I'm driving around town and i don't use use nav for that. Traffic lights show on the map so I'm assuming it uses that data to show the camera when you're below a certain speed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You definitely don't need navigation running, mines always showing the traffic lights when I'm driving around town and i don't use use nav for that. Traffic lights show on the map so I'm assuming it uses that data to show the camera when you're below a certain speed.
I should be missing a setting as my AR camera shows only when navigation is on.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
^ As above, traffic light view is displayed when I’m at the front, Nav does not need to be displayed or route guidance set.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Good luck with that, let us know how you get on and with what dealer? They’ll get paid for the service but not the update.
Well I have the Personal POI issue, which the update is supposed to fix... so that will be the first string on the bow the second will be there are updates for a reason and unless they can give me substantial reasoning for not updating it I will suggest they do it :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you guys seen this? Possibly an extension to the driver assistance package. Hopefully something we can get with FUP3 and it does not require any new hardware. The July refresh does mention an EVO 4.5 upgrade to the driver assistance package but does anybody know if this is software only?

I have the advanced navigation and seem to have this functionality already. when stopped at the line or 1st/2nd car in the queue, the camera comes on. almost zoomed out, and you can see the traggic signals.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! I was notified by the dealer that a new update for MBUX was flashed in my car 2 hours ago. Didnt ask for version though!
Update - not today but tomorrow cause of longer then expect time of fix wheel arch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have AR. Dont have any traffic light thing
If you have AR, you have the traffic light feature, too.

The only difference is that they moved the settings to activate/deactivate it.

Pre-FU3 the menu is within the navigation menu, since FU3 the menu is within the main settings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have AR, you have the traffic light feature, too.

The only difference is that they moved the settings to activate/deactivate it.

Pre-FU3 the menu is within the navigation menu, since FU3 the menu is within the main settings.
Yes , you are right, i tested it today. Camera zoomed out to show traffic lights. Never paid attention tbh :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Got my car back and I confirm that it now has the FU3 - I am going to see if there are any new visible changes!

21 - 40 of 86 Posts