Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so basically my car has been given into Loughton Mercedes branch for the past week for a suspected small coolant leak in my brand new A45s. They started looking at it today and did a health check video thing etc.

I checked my Mercedes Me app and have seen my car been driven 8.8 miles away from where I dropped it off. I can’t see the location of the car on the map for some reason as the app thinks my car is with me weirdly.

I’m very worried my car has been taken for a joy ride or something. Or did they drive it to another Mercedes garage For further repairs/inspection?
I saw my car been driven 8.8 miles for 36 mins. Just really worried and confused, why didn’t they carry out repairs in the Loughton dealership? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
A35 Premium Plus
165 Posts
I wouldn’t worry, they may have had to drive it in order to get the vehicle up to temperature, or collect data via the OBD under load.

Ask them if It was driven and why when you go to pick it up. If they have simply used it for the butty run, you now have the evidence, but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn’t worry, they may have had to drive it in order to get the vehicle up to temperature, or collect data via the OBD under load.

Ask them if It was driven and why when you go to pick it up. If they have simply used it for the butty run, you now have the evidence, but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.
Nevermind randomly came to collected today as they said no leaks at all. I assumed it was just taken for a test aha. Would be good if Mercedes would ask permission first though. No biggie

·
Administrator
5,237 Posts
2 reasons why the car location isn’t updating:

1. There’s currently an issue with Me updating
2. When you plug in diagnostics or a code reader it disables Mercedes Me so the car can’t communicate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2 reasons why the car location isn’t updating:

1. There’s currently an issue with Me updating
2. When you plug in diagnostics or a code reader it disables Mercedes Me so the car can’t communicate.
Yes my car is not updating location for the past 2 weeks, used to work flawlessly last month but recently no luck. Car could be on otherside of country but will say its at home lol. Nothing is plugged in the OBD either, I've unlinked / reactivated all mercedes Me services but no luck on location for some reason. Oh well was nice while it lasted.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Nevermind randomly came to collected today as they said no leaks at all. I assumed it was just taken for a test aha. Would be good if Mercedes would ask permission first though. No biggie
I think you will have signed permission for them to do whatever was necessary to deal with the issue on your car and driving will be a part of that.

I don’t quite understand how a leak was suspected. Have they had other A-Classes in with that problem.

What colour is your A45s. I’ll know you’re a neighbour if I spot it on the M11/M25.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you will have signed permission for them to do whatever was necessary to deal with the issue on your car and driving will be a part of that.

I don’t quite understand how a leak was suspected. Have they had other A-Classes in with that problem.

What colour is your A45s. I’ll know you’re a neighbour if I spot it on the M11/M25.
Oh okay that makes sense about them driving it then.
And a RAC breakdown recovery came to do a short pressure test and found a slight loss of pressure so I immediately took it to mercedes. Mercedes tested it themselves and did not find a loss of pressure. Strange, I would go with mercedes word as they probably did a better quality test I’m not sure, guess time will tell.

mine is a magno matte grey :D will look out for you too !

·
Registered
192 Posts
You may say that its not big deal for them to "test drive" your car, but often there are staff who do indeed go on joyrides using customers cars and they rag the daylights out of them, without proper warming up of the oils or cooling down following the abuse.

I have used Southend Mercedes a few times for warranty work after a number of recommendations and they have never given me any cause for concern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may say that its not big deal for them to "test drive" your car, but often there are staff who do indeed go on joyrides using customers cars and they rag the daylights out of them, without proper warming up of the oils or cooling down following the abuse.

I have used Southend Mercedes a few times for warranty work after a number of recommendations and they have never given me any cause for concern.
Yes this is true however I checked the app thoroughly when I saw this and saw my fuel drop by 6% in a 36 min drive travelling 8.8 miles. Fuel consumption was 14.4mpg which sounds about right for a 30-40 min drive. I doubt it was ragged harshly

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
Not so much from a service point of view but as a dealer owned car, I would never buy one of these high performance AMGs which was a demonstrator.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
5.02 mins in petrol under £1/L at Asda 😒

@steve_3939 isn't this where you go, and I bought my car from them. Absolutely no complaints.

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts