Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 A45 FL | Stage 1 @ 430bhp / 475ft-lb
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently both EST and MSL have started offering gearbox remaps for the A45, offering benefits such as:
Faster shifting
Increased torque limiters
Increased revs available (manual only, now goes up to 7k redline)
Anyone here have any experiences or thoughts on the gearbox tunes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Recently both EST and MSL have started offering gearbox remaps for the A45, offering benefits such as:

Anyone here have any experiences or thoughts on the gearbox tunes?
I’ve seen nothing but good reviews about EST engine and gearbox maps. It’s where I’ll be going later this year. I’m pretty sure they developed the gearbox map first 👍🏻

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve seen nothing but good reviews about EST engine and gearbox maps. It’s where I’ll be going later this year. I’m pretty sure they developed the gearbox map first 👍🏻
How do you feel about the raised RPM limit in manual? That is the only aspect that puts me off slightly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I actually had my gearbox mapped at MSL this weekend, I was not expecting much difference but I was pleasantly surprised.

Noticeable changes are:
The gearbox is way smoother, especially when driving around at low speed.
The car feels considerably faster under WOT (Presumably because of the lifted torque limiters in the TCU)
Shifts are faster
7000RPM in manual mode
Adjustable launch control

Very happy, thanks all for input.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Was there a standard price.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
Very reasonable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I actually had my gearbox mapped at MSL this weekend, I was not expecting much difference but I was pleasantly surprised.

Noticeable changes are:
The gearbox is way smoother, especially when driving around at low speed.
The car feels considerably faster under WOT (Presumably because of the lifted torque limiters in the TCU)
Shifts are faster
7000RPM in manual mode
Adjustable launch control

Very happy, thanks all for input.
Any further feedback after a couple of months?
Do you have to take the car back to MSL if you want to return the gearbox map back to stock? Or can this been done on their ECU mapping handset?
Did they say how many gearboxes they had remapped.

I'm very tempted :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any further feedback after a couple of months?
Do you have to take the car back to MSL if you want to return the gearbox map back to stock? Or can this been done on their ECU mapping handset?
Did they say how many gearboxes they had remapped.

I'm very tempted :)
Still runs great. If you want the gearbox map taking off just take the car to them and they can remove the flash.

Not sure how many they have mapped mate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.