Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 69 plate A Class premium plus petrol. I recently installed a ghost immobiliser and havent done any engine modifications. Driving today the check engine light came up. Does the immobiliser have any connection to it? The car has been running completely fine since since i got it two months ago.

Thanks,
kishan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

I have a 69 plate A Class premium plus petrol. I recently installed a ghost immobiliser and havent done any engine modifications. Driving today the check engine light came up. Does the immobiliser have any connection to it? The car has been running completely fine since since i got it two months ago.

Thanks,
kishan
@kishan did you get to the bottom of this? I have a BMW M135 and have the same problem since having the ghost fitted - When I check the faults there are loads, mainly moaning about the CAN Bus, I clear them down and a few days later a whole load more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@kishan did you get to the bottom of this? I have a BMW M135 and have the same problem since having the ghost fitted - When I check the faults there are loads, mainly moaning about the CAN Bus, I clear them down and a few days later a whole load more.
sorry for the super late reply. hopefully you got your answer by now if not. It has to do with trying to turn the car on when failing to enter the pin. I tested it and its what I have found. The light does ago away after 20minutes of driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry for the super late reply. hopefully you got your answer by now if not. It has to do with trying to turn the car on when failing to enter the pin. I tested it and its what I have found. The light does ago away after 20minutes of driving.
Sorry for my even later reply :oops:
In the end I had the installer back 3 times and on the third attempt they resolved the issue by rolling back the firmware on the Ghost - Been all good for well over 6 months.
Thanks for responging though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts