Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's windscreen seem to always be greasy? I get quite bad ocd with smear marks but a few days after cleaning it seems to be covered in grease again. Had BMW's and Mini's previously and never had this issue, just can't seem to keep it clean. Not sure if it's anything to do with the aircon as it gets worse when the air is directed through the dash vents at the base of the windscreen.

I've also noticed that when it fogs up, the 'max' button on the climate control only blows hot. Again, coming from BMW I was used to being able to change the heat of the air coming out. Not going to be too much of an issue going into winter now but having hot air blasting out over the summer wasn't exactly ideal!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought the greasiness on the windscreen was just my imagination, but now you mention it within a day of a very thorough cleaning the windscreen shows exterior smudging. I'm very sure this isn't "vinyl fog" on the interior.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep, happens to me too. It's a P.I.A. especially at night when it shows all the fog and smear more clearly. Drives me mad. And cleaning the inside of the windscreen has always been a ballache job. You need to be a contortionist 🙄

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had my car treated with the GardX vehicle protection system which includes the windows and it seems to keep them clean and smear-free. You can buy the window treatment separately called GardX Glass Gard.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This issue is driving me crazy!!! My windows fog up like crazy and even when they aren't completely fogged up, I can see so many markings on them like circles right in the middle, by the mirror (more noticeable to backseat passengers) - Its incredibly frustrating and dangerous to be constantly fidgeting with the max and ac buttons. Steams up the minute I take Max off! Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You’ve all just summed up everything I was going to write! Greasy windshield a day or so after cleaning. I’ve changed the brand of windscreen wash I use, I’ve diluted more, I’ve diluted less and still it’s the same. Perhaps it might be down to the wiper blades?

·
Registered
112 Posts
You’ve all just summed up everything I was going to write! Greasy windshield a day or so after cleaning. I’ve changed the brand of windscreen wash I use, I’ve diluted more, I’ve diluted less and still it’s the same. Perhaps it might be down to the wiper blades?
As far as I'm aware, this thread is talking about the inside of the windscreen, not the outside.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As far as I'm aware, this thread is talking about the inside of the windscreen, not the outside.
Which would explain why changing the screen wash hasn’t done a bloody thing then! ;D

Having said that, I thought both inside and outside were a pain, at least now I know it’s just the inside. But yeah the inside is definitely a pain, I’ve also got those big ring marks and no amount of glass cleaner or microfibre cloths get rid.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am finding a fine mist on my windscreen (outside) whixh does not get removed by the wipers. This is driving me mad!

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts