Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes you can swap from ignition live to permanent live fuse with no issue. I did that to as the battery with parking mode on together with rear camera did not last very long. I have 522gw installed.
Brilliant, thank you. I’ll give this a go at the weekend. What’s the safest way of removing the permanent live fuse to connect the piggy back? Is there a way to switch all the power off so the fuses are’t live? Don’t want to zap myself.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Brilliant, thank you. I’ll give this a go at the weekend. What’s the safest way of removing the permanent live fuse to connect the piggy back? Is there a way to switch all the power off so the fuses are’t live? Don’t want to zap myself.
162 to was empty on mine. Check the fuse box diagram before you do the swap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just checked, 162 is indeed empty.

Can I just use the same fuse as I’m using now? What I mean is can I just put the 20 amp fuse back into 125 and leave the single fuse that’s already connected to the bladed fuse holder into 162?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just checked, 162 is indeed empty.

Can I just use the same fuse as I’m using now? What I mean is can I just put the 20 amp fuse back into 125 and leave the single fuse that’s already connected to the bladed fuse holder into 162?
Yeah put the fuse back in 125z

Im only using the 2amp fuse that came with nextbase hardwire kit in the piggy back holder.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah put the fuse back in 125z

Im only using the 2amp fuse that came with nextbase hardwire kit in the piggy back holder.
Swapped the fuse over to 162 and the Dashcam now stays on after the engine is turned off. The only problem is it won’t actually turn off at all.... I left it for twenty minutes after doing it, came back and it was still going. I’ve got parking mode turned on but it just won’t power off. My understanding would be that it would go off after a couple of minutes of the engine of being turned off and then come back on if it detected physical movement? I don’t want to drain the car battery, can anyone offer any advice at all? Dashcam is a Nextbase 312GW. Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Swapped the fuse over to 162 and the Dashcam now stays on after the engine is turned off. The only problem is it won’t actually turn off at all.... I left it for twenty minutes after doing it, came back and it was still going. I’ve got parking mode turned on but it just won’t power off. My understanding would be that it would go off after a couple of minutes of the engine of being turned off and then come back on if it detected physical movement? I don’t want to drain the car battery, can anyone offer any advice at all? Dashcam is a Nextbase 312GW. Thanks!
My 522GW goes off after few minutes and comes on when i open the car door. Im using the Nextbase Hardwire Kit 2 which has the smart voltage cut off to prevent the battery drain.

Did it use to go off when connected to ignition live? Try with parking mode off and see if it goes off? Then switch on parking mode again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 522GW goes off after few minutes and comes on when i open the car door. Im using the Nextbase Hardwire Kit 2 which has the smart voltage cut off to prevent the battery drain.

Did it use to go off when connected to ignition live? Try with parking mode off and see if it goes off? Then switch on parking mode again.
I’ve tried switching parking mode off, then back on, then off and on again but still it stays live. I’ve even put the shut down time to ten seconds after the ignition is turned off but no joy. The only way it goes off is if I physically switch it off, which I don’t want to have to do every time I park the car.

When I had it in ignition live, it cut off shortly after the engine was turned off and obviously stayed off until the car was started up again.

On reading a few reviews of the dashcam (bit late two years after buying it!), they suggest that as long as parking mode is activated, it will still function even when connected to ignition live. I connected it back to test it and gave the car a good rock - absolutely nothing! Although when I started the car up, MBUX told me it had detected a collision at a certain time and date - nice feature! Short of getting in my wife’s car and nudging it bumper to bumper with mine (which I obviously really don’t want to have to do), I can’t see a way of how I’m going to be able to test the parking mode feature.

I’ve put it back into ignition live for now as I’ve got a more lengthy journey to make tomorrow and can’t be doing with any problems. Plus, I’m worried that if the camera is constantly recording and writing to the SD card, it’s more likely to corrupt the memory card.

To be honest, I’ll be putting this dashcam in my wife’s car soon as hers have given up (conveniently afternoon it went in for a service). I’m looking at the Nextbase 422 as an upgrade but might have to make a few more enquiries now before I commit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay so I found out today how to test parking mode in the simplest way ever - closing the boot. Can’t believe I didn’t think of it earlier. I assume closing the bonnet would have the same effect too. So parking mode on a Nextbase 312GW definitely works in ignition live (125), it comes on for 30 seconds to record all footage before going back off again.

Very happy that I didn’t have to use the wife’s car to give it a nudge in the end! Also caught some kids out playing football by my car when I went to visit my grandparents. Little shits must have absolutely vollied the ball against it, wish I’d seen the footage at the time!

And that brings me back to topic... although parking mode works, it’s not without it’s faults. Unless you connect to the dashcam and physically check the footage, there’s no actual notification that parking mode has been activated, no message on startup. Not ideal. Anyone know if the second gen Nextbase cams tell you or not?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dash cam feed

As photo for feed for dashcam
Is this 162?

I’m in the process of installing a Nextbase 522GW and I cannot see a diagram of the fuses.

Anyone else experience the same? I find it hard to believe MB didn’t include a fuse diagram. I did also check the manual.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I’m in the process of installing a Nextbase 522GW and I cannot see a diagram of the fuses.

Anyone else experience the same? I find it hard to believe MB didn’t include a fuse diagram. I did also check the manual.
First, open the engine compartment fusebox. In there is a folded piece paper with the fuse diagram for both fuse boxes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
One question What kind of piggyback fuse or adaptor i need to connect this hardwire with yellow/red cables? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
One question What kind of piggyback fuse or adaptor i need to connect this hardwire with yellow/red cables? Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seems that some people use 125 and 162 that are empty, then i only need a 5am in the lowest slot of the piggyback for yellow and red?
Also are you sure these are the fuses? Standard? Seems they are bigger than the ones they told me in another post.... pff

Thanks

81 - 96 of 96 Posts