Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been bugging me for about a month now (1st world problem I know).

According to both the Mercedes Me portal and MBUX, my car is fully up to date software wise. I have manually installed the latest map data (version 292) for all regions in Europe using USB. But I keep noticing that there is a map update (v13.2) which isn't installed. I can't seem to see any way of forcing the install or manually installing either. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've just checked mine and 13.2 has been updated, however, this was probably done by the dealer. When I look at the On-Line Update page though it shows v292 as being 'installed'

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just checked mine and 13.2 has been updated, however, this was probably done by the dealer. When I look at the On-Line Update page though it shows v292 as being 'installed'

View attachment 5177
That's really interesting @Macgd016, thanks for sharing your screenshot.

So if your car has the update only because the dealer installed it, well that flies in the face of the second point "Easy & fast" of MB promise where it states "No workshop visit" required.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can download the voice recognition onto a USB stick on that page, the instructions are on there somewhere
@Vampire1984PL as per @Macgd016 's reply above, the voice recognition files are included in the USB download. Having performed the USB download for all the maps in Europe I can confirm my care is at v.292 for both map data and voice recognition data for every country/region.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone else have v13.2 where you are certain it was delivered over the air or installed via USB?

·
Registered
549 Posts
That's really interesting @Macgd016, thanks for sharing your screenshot.

So if your car has the update only because the dealer installed it, well that flies in the face of the second point "Easy & fast" of MB promise where it states "No workshop visit" required.
In fairness the car was with the dealer to look at various issues I had so they did the update in the hope it would sort them (it didnt!), however, I 'think' that I had had a notification of new maps because I seem to remember saying that I could have done the update myself quicker than the multi hours it took them ..... just not 100% sure that that is the case though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
64 Posts
No matter what you do with map updates you still have to visit DEALER for the "Terrain and Sat Data" map since this is NOT included in map updates for owners...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Can anyone explain this? I looked on the portal for a navigation update and it told me mine was out of date. So I downloaded the update manually, but when I tried to instal it in the car the screen told me there was a newer update already installed. How could that be?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone explain this? I looked on the portal for a navigation update and it told me mine was out of date. So I downloaded the update manually, but when I tried to instal it in the car the screen told me there was a newer update already installed. How could that be?
What version is installed on your car? And what version did you download? I assume v.292...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I had the same issue. What seems to be happening is that once you have updated the car, the portal is not recognising that the car has been updated.

If the car says it is running v292, then that is certainly correct and it is just the portal that is wrong. That is why, when you download the files again through the portal then try and upload into the car, it is telling you that you have a newer version already installed. I'm sure it won't write the data unless it is of a later version than already in the car, but the output text is slightly misleading.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats very interesting, what are Terrain & Sat Data as apposed to Map & Voice Recognition ?
I dont know! If you go on your car MBUX and list the charts you will see the the TERRAIN and SAT DATA file listed is never updated to the current CHART version. This can be done only by the DEALER! I guess they have access to different SET that users who only access standard maps and voice files.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Cestrian when it says the car has a newer version, does it allow you to proceed anyway? If so, perhaps this will update the portal as it overwrites the map data with the same v.292

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the same issue. What seems to be happening is that once you have updated the car, the portal is not recognising that the car has been updated.

If the car says it is running v292, then that is certainly correct and it is just the portal that is wrong. That is why, when you download the files again through the portal then try and upload into the car, it is telling you that you have a newer version already installed. I'm sure it won't write the data unless it is of a later version than already in the car, but the output text is slightly misleading.
Always look at your car MBUX version and not on site as rule of thumb for updates installed.

I had v.292 on car and the site was complaining that v281 of OTA failed but as long as you see the green mark "You are up to date" its all good!

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
163 Posts
You can download the voice recognition onto a USB stick on that page, the instructions are on there somewhere
Voice Recognition is 257,2MB but when it want to download its more than 2GB so its pointless to download 2GB instead of just making by programmers to download 0.25GB

My maps were updated through car, I remember there was notification update on MBUX

·
Registered
353 Posts
Because I have not manually download all the region maps my car says v262, but if you scroll down the details it says England v292.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts