Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Because I have not manually download all the region maps my car says v262, but if you scroll down the details it says England v292.
That's because only your default region is updated over the air

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Interesting that the maps version is v.292 on both mine and your cars. But the other version number is v11.0 on my car and v13.2 on yours. It would makes sense that the map data is what is referenced by v.292 as I've definitely successfully installed the latest map data files downloaded from the Merc Me portal. I wonder what the v11.0/13.2 version number refers to?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This has been bugging me for about a month now (1st world problem I know).

According to both the Mercedes Me portal and MBUX, my car is fully up to date software wise. I have manually installed the latest map data (version 292) for all regions in Europe using USB. But I keep noticing that there is a map update (v13.2) which isn't installed. I can't seem to see any way of forcing the install or manually installing either. Any thoughts?

I had this problem when i initially got the car last September. I have even posted here the problem months ago. I did tests, contacted Mercedes, brought my car twice to dealer to see that and then I figured the answer!

So OTA update lists regional map update (in your case 13.2) and tries to download it in your car (!) This may take some time. So when the car reports 12.1 and 13.2 is released the OTA function of the car sees that trys to download the regional 13.2 file (UK)

Now notice the tricky part! On Mercede Me Portal, manual maps update on the other hand include all maps of Europe or single regions.

So lets say you update your maps manually ! (before OTA download is finished). You update manually to 13.2 while the OTA stills download 13.2 thinking that you have 12.1 installed!

Guess what happens when OTA finishes downloading 13.2. It finds that 13.2 is already installed and present ERROR that it CANT INSTALL itself :)

Therefore this is logged in MERCEDES ME Logs (its not dynamic) and stays there forever in the portal.

If version 14 for example comes out and you let OTA finish download and install you will see OTA 14 installed while the 13.2 will still say NOT INSTALLED!

This was frustrating last months so now MERCEDES has changed the graphic to present a green checkmark saying you are up to date.

Hope that clears the situation!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Many thanks @amg, very informative!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Many thanks @amg, very informative!
Glad I helped!

Be also informed that no matter what you do with map updates you still have to visit local DEALER for the "Terrain and Sat Data" map update since this is NOT included in map updates for owners...

I guess that if you browse via MBUX in your car menu you will see the version of that particular one it will not show 13.2 rather than the one that was uploaded via local DEALER (or factory).

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Glad I helped!

Be also informed that no matter what you do with map updates you still have to visit local DEALER for the "Terrain and Sat Data" map update since this is NOT included in map updates for owners...

I guess that if you browse via MBUX in your car menu you will see the version of that particular one it will not show 13.2 rather than the one that was uploaded via local DEALER (or factory).

Thanks this is useful to know. One of the things I will be on to when the lock down in the UK is lifted. At present the bigger fish to fry is getting any miles in to run in my car.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad I helped!

My whole satnav was updated (or so the dealer said!!) in Febuary, my UK maps are v13.2 but the Terrain and Sat Data are v12.1 so perhaps these are not updated with each map release or perhaps my dealer told me porky pies

·
Registered
64 Posts
My whole satnav was updated (or so the dealer said!!) in Febuary, my UK maps are v13.2 but the Terrain and Sat Data are v12.1 so perhaps these are not updated with each map release or perhaps my dealer told me porky pies
Last time I had upgraded to 12.1 the Terrain and Sat Data was not updated and dispayed 10.2! My local dealer did it again (I suppose they download maps from another location) and magically the Terrain and Sat Data were updated to 12.1...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have V13.2 - V292 as you can see. Everything else is V10.2
I have not downloaded anything is USB so can only assume the GB map was done OTA.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
163 Posts
Im stupid or cant see difference between "Terrain and Sat Data" and "Country Map"? Shouldnt be this the same?:D Or I just didnt understood what You have written?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Im stupid or cant see difference between "Terrain and Sat Data" and "Country Map"? Shouldnt be this the same?:D Or I just didnt understood what You have written?
If you check the map version in the car you will find the terrain & sat data at the top of the screen.

This data seems to be separate from the maps themselves.

I don't think anyone know precisely what it means though ?

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
163 Posts
I cant imagine how Map of the country can be separate from Terrain and Sat Data because it should to be the same, or maybe Sat Data means orthophotomaps with some other terrain stuff excluding roads etc

21 - 37 of 37 Posts