Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have the stock a180 bulbs in my a class but would like something brighter. Can anyone reccomend a legal upgrade to the bulb?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you mean that you have the standard se trim halogen lamps or the basic led but not multi beam ones?
Because I'm very dissatisfied from standard halogen headlights in low light conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you can take a picture of the light itself, and the housing so i know what kind of space/bulb you should use. I can send you some from Ebay/Aliexpred that are not too much exp but should be able to pass the inspection since it wont change the light pattern, only the color and brightness.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can take a picture of the light itself, and the housing so i know what kind of space/bulb you should use. I can send you some from Ebay/Aliexpred that are not too much exp but should be able to pass the inspection since it wont change the light pattern, only the color and brightness.
Great thank so much you will send some pictures shortly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is H7 for High Beam, but i need pictures from the inside. I need to know what space you have so i can check what bulb would suit you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought and installed h7 philips extreme vision +130% on my car but the result is identical with the original bulbs. Xenon or led might be the solution but without crystal projector is very annoying to the other drivers. The model is new, but in 2-3 years I think that third party companies will sell headlight sets with led lights and projectors that could be installed without incompatibility issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The philips xtreme are still halogen thats why they suck. He could retrofit bi-xenon projector for about 100$ if he did it himself. But that is not needed of he wants to change the color and not to blind others ofcourse. I just need the picture from the inside housing take the cap’s off and take pictures then ill post a link of and led for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I would say take this ones on low beam and high beam, the main reason is detachable heat sink in the back because of the metal bracket holding your original bulb, once detached and mounted you just mount the heatsink by turning it clockwise.

and as for the can-bus system,
I don’t really know if the new a class needs it, but if you get error on the dash that you bulb is out you should pick a decoders too. But if i were you i would just order this ones and once fitted you can run with error on dash untill the decoders come. That is my advice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please post pictures before and after once you have fitted them, on some good clean wall so we can see the cutout line of the light beam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts