Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one any tips on how to get the front headlight washer to work??? On previous cars they have activated if headlights on and you activate front windscreen washer but not on my new A class?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I remember a dealer (not MB) telling me that every 5th time your headlights is turned on the headlight washer will automatically work.

My work colleague has a Merc with Bi Xenons and he has advised me that they are automatic but do not come on when you use your windscreen washer. So maybe it could be on a certain number of times your head light is turned on...

Hope this helps

·
Registered
109 Posts
Majad Ali said:
I remember a dealer (not MB) telling me that every 5th time your headlights is turned on the headlight washer will automatically work.

My work colleague has a Merc with Bi Xenons and he has advised me that they are automatic but do not come on when you use your windscreen washer. So maybe it could be on a certain number of times your head light is turned on...

Hope this helps

I was told this. Every 5th time you use your washers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info got them working now. Below is a bit from the online owners manual:

<DIV =chap>
<DIV =p>
<DIV =p-text>'If the "Wipe with washer fluid" function is operated five times while the lights are on and the engine is running, the headlamps are cleaned automatically. When you switch off the ignition, the automatic headlamp cleaning system is reset and counting is resumed from 0. '

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally figured this out, they only work if your headligh is turned on, so switch it to on if its already at automatic and then press the wiper button 5 times, on the 5th press they will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts