Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Drivers side, the 3 lights come on for 2 seconds then switch off again. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all, Drivers side, the 3 lights come on for 2 seconds then switch off again. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks
Hi, I’ve not had that exact issue but when I’ve put either the driver or passenger heated seat on (obviously with a passenger present), it always eventually winds it’s way down from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1.

Perhaps it just works under the assumption that after a few minutes the person will have warmed up and they won’t need continual heating at the higher temperature?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine also switch down the heat, presumably to save the battery, but after 10 minutes or so, not seconds. There obviously is an issue with your seats as it shouldn’t switch off that soon. Get it checked out at the dealer.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will call the dealer tomorrow. I think they are supposed to go 3-2-1 over 20 mins or so, safety feature, mine used to do this but now just turns off after 2 seconds. Read somewhere it might be a faulty element/pad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine does this, very frustrating! I’ve been pretty unimpressed with the quality of my A250 on the whole...keyless entry locking is intermittent, rattled in dashboard, squealing brakes....very poor imo

·
Registered
88 Posts
The digital user guide states that the seat heater automatically switches down from the three heating levels after 8, 10 and 20 minutes until it switches off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only ever happened to me once. Very cold morning so turned the heated seats on as soon as engine came on but they turned off as soon as I moved my hands to the wheel again - tried again, same thing so I figured maybe the engine needs to warm up first. Gave it 5 mins and they worked. Never had problem with them since!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also experienced this problem. Have been going to the dealer 3 times for this issue. The have changed 'the brain' of the door now 2 times. But unfortunately no solution. Next appointment is on October 23 this time Germany is gonna get involved the said to me . What I did notice is that when you turn the car off and you open and close the door and start the car. The seat heating works for some kinda of weird reason again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unsure if it’s related, but in my previous A Class (W176) I would have the same symptoms on the drivers heated seat.

Heated Seat lights would turn on then turn off after a couple of seconds. Turned out to be a loose cable under the seat, if I moved the cables around it would sometimes rectify the issue.

Ended up taking it to the dealer to have it resolved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts