Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Drivers side, the 3 lights come on for 2 seconds then switch off again. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Hi all, Drivers side, the 3 lights come on for 2 seconds then switch off again. Anyone had this problem or any ideas?

Thanks
Hi, I’ve not had that exact issue but when I’ve put either the driver or passenger heated seat on (obviously with a passenger present), it always eventually winds it’s way down from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1.

Perhaps it just works under the assumption that after a few minutes the person will have warmed up and they won’t need continual heating at the higher temperature?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Mine also switch down the heat, presumably to save the battery, but after 10 minutes or so, not seconds. There obviously is an issue with your seats as it shouldn’t switch off that soon. Get it checked out at the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will call the dealer tomorrow. I think they are supposed to go 3-2-1 over 20 mins or so, safety feature, mine used to do this but now just turns off after 2 seconds. Read somewhere it might be a faulty element/pad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Mine does this, very frustrating! I’ve been pretty unimpressed with the quality of my A250 on the whole...keyless entry locking is intermittent, rattled in dashboard, squealing brakes....very poor imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
The digital user guide states that the seat heater automatically switches down from the three heating levels after 8, 10 and 20 minutes until it switches off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Only ever happened to me once. Very cold morning so turned the heated seats on as soon as engine came on but they turned off as soon as I moved my hands to the wheel again - tried again, same thing so I figured maybe the engine needs to warm up first. Gave it 5 mins and they worked. Never had problem with them since!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have also experienced this problem. Have been going to the dealer 3 times for this issue. The have changed 'the brain' of the door now 2 times. But unfortunately no solution. Next appointment is on October 23 this time Germany is gonna get involved the said to me . What I did notice is that when you turn the car off and you open and close the door and start the car. The seat heating works for some kinda of weird reason again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Unsure if it’s related, but in my previous A Class (W176) I would have the same symptoms on the drivers heated seat.

Heated Seat lights would turn on then turn off after a couple of seconds. Turned out to be a loose cable under the seat, if I moved the cables around it would sometimes rectify the issue.

Ended up taking it to the dealer to have it resolved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have this issue. Driver seat heater switch lights up for a second or two before shutting off. Went back to dealer and they had it for a week as waiting for a part.

Got car back and same issue persists.

Does anyone know the cause and have they got it fixed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I also have the same problem with my B200 Mercedes , Driver seat heater switch lights up for a second or two before shutting off.
Were you able to solve it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I have this issue. Driver seat heater switch lights up for a second or two before shutting off. Went back to dealer and they had it for a week as waiting for a part.

Got car back and same issue persists.

Does anyone know the cause and have they got it fixed?
I also have the same problem with my B200 Mercedes , Driver seat heater switch lights up for a second or two before shutting off.
Were you able to solve it?
Ive had this issue for 4 months now. Went to the dealers before Xmas and they confirmed heating is faulty on drivers side - no problems with passengers. Mine would work like 70% of the time, but the other 30% I would turn the heated seats on, then within a second or two, the lights were all off again. Anyway, they said they didn't have the relevant part in to fix it on the day and would need to book me in and insisted they needed it overnight for some reason and due to work, I had to wait for a date in feb were car wasn't needed (too young for courtesy car which is absolutely ridiculous). Going in Monday so lets hope its all sorted! Will update when it is.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top