Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've a new A180 SE in South Sea Blue arriving hopefully 3rd May. Ordered back in March it's the longest I've had to wait for a new car but reading the comments on here it seems like I've been lucky. Delivery is two weeks earlier than initially indicated so no issues with that.

I'm having factory fit front fog lamps and the light-and-sight package added. After some negotiation I'm getting SmartGuard and floor mats a lot less than originally quoted.

First time with this marque, hoping the experiences are all good!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well done.....you won't be disappointed ....and welcome to the forum. There are a good few of us on here now with various models and various packs etc.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome, OP.

I saw an SE in South Sea Blue yesterday on my way home from work (hoping to see it again today!) It looked great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Engineer08 will be good to have another A in the area, only seen one other so far.I am sure you will be happy with your choice, after 43 years in the motor business my choice of new car was carefully considered & this car has exceeded my expectations by a long way ! My third merc but first new one (I rarely buy a new car)
enjoy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well......
Picked up the car last night.

All went well until we started the engine - they'd supplied a diesel when I ordered a petrol.

I'm still stunned.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well, well! What a disappointment! What are they going to do now, Engineer08? Hopefully there is one available at another dealership! Mercedes are not infallible after all!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
I have the diesel 'on approval' for a couple of weeks to decide if I want to keep it or have them order a petrol version. If I keep the diesel there may be some 'negotiation' to do.

I've had diesels in the past and generally like the torque, but there is about 2 secs difference 0-60 between the A180 versions.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hope you're not toodisappointed and it doesn't affect your experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Blackie,
That's one option.

I just need to drive it some more to decide whether to keep it or not.

I've traded up from an Ibiza diesel so I'm well pleased with everything else so far!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just to finish the story here, I've decided to keep the CDI.
I've completed a couple of weeks commute and a trip from here to Sunderland and back with figures of between 64 and 78 mpg on a car with only 1500 miles under the wheels - I am seriously impressed!
The dealer has agreed to honour the original price agreed (for the petrol engine) so I'm happy with the deal, especially as the economy will save me a significant amount over the next rew years, as will the reduced road tax.
The car's performance is different entirely to others I have driven, less urgency off the mark (as I expected) but the motorway drive is quiet and smooth with plenty of extra under your foot even in 6th gear. I really needed to watch the speedo on the M1 to avoid unwanted attention.

Now, I need to wash some of the flies off the windscreen before I go any further!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Great news! all's well that ends well eh!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts