Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Hello from Sunny London..for now anyway :)

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  TDI-Tuning 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Currently making the most of the weather in London while it lasts.

Complete Newbie to Mercedes as this is the first I have purchased.
Ordered back in Nov and and it arrived in time before the birth of my daughter on the 1st of March.

A200 CDI Amg Sport with a few extras
Absolutely loving the car, have introduced slightly more power and torque since the last 2 days...
Any guesses??

Roll on summer.. :)

#5 ·
Have had a DTUK box on my Skoda VRS for the last 3 years not only had a increase in acceleration and top speed the fuel economy hasaveraged over 70mpg on a run from Inverness to Guildford. I have now taken the box off and sending back to DTUK for reseting and replacement loomawaiting the arrival of my MB

#6 ·
Thanks thats good to hear I was a little dubious and did not want to shell out nearly as much as a remap for a device which simply overfuels especially as I will do around 90000 over the three years I plan to have it, but as I lease my cars I don't have the option to remap,

#7 ·
Hi mrmann, hope you enjoying the car. I have the same as you and have thought a lot about plug in chips. Have you heard of chip express and do you recommend?

Also how does it work with warranty and servicing?

What's been the difference in bph and torque since adding the plug? Big difference?

Tempted to get one but scared I may effect and damage engine? How much was yours?

Thanks

Greg

#8 ·
Hi Floydy/Greg,

I had been looking into tuning boxes for a while but decided to go for when after my cousin picked up 2 boxes for his Audi and Vw, results were impressive.

I picked up the the box on Tuesday and fitted it at home after making a trip down to Chelmsford.

The actual box i have is in the link below with stats and figures:

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and...edes_a200_cdi_138_bhp_140_ps_103_kw_P492.html

Hope this helps.

#10 ·
Hey Greg,

So far so good.
With what I have read and seen, these boxes are all ok on the engine.

There are quite a few companies that manufacture tuning boxes but I found these guys to be really helpful and genuine when I popped down to the site.

They have 14 day money back guarantee so worst case you can always send the box bag if you ae not happy with the results.

#13 ·
Very true Simon, I don't actually remember seeing a tuning box for the A220.
You already have the torque and power :)

The box would always be taken off for servicing etc.

#15 ·
always off for any trip to MB, aftermarket product which they dont like.
fitting is straightforward, all instructions provided by tdituning.
id advise giving the guys a call if you have any other concerns.

#16 ·
Simon,

I think the clutch will be able to handle a bit more on the A220Cdi as I have found Brabus do a tuning unit which pushes up the current BHP to around 210 and also increases the torque.
I'm thinking if Brabus can release a box to increase the figures then surely the clutch will be capable of handling a lot more than first thought.

Something to consider.

http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?page=4&sub=5&modell=24718&klasse=84&kategorie=9

#19 ·
mrmaan said:
Simon,

I think the clutch will be able to handle a bit more on the A220Cdi as I have found Brabus do a tuning unit which pushes up the current BHP to around 210 and also increases the torque.
I'm thinking if Brabus can release a box to increase the figures then surely the clutch will be capable of handling a lot more than first thought.

Something to consider.

http://www.brabus.com/en/raster.php?page=4&sub=5&modell=24718&klasse=84&kategorie=9
Thanks Dee - that is interesting. And TBH 210PS and 410Nm is more like the figure you would expect to get from a 2.1 litre these days. I think MB have been very conservative with their tuning. I'll let you know what I do.

#24 ·
Hi from TDI Tuning.

We noticed this thread and though it best to respond to the post about the box on ebay. Our ebay systems are old stock and for older vehicles. They are less advanced compared to the CRTD2 tuning boxes we sell on our website.

The boxes on our website are compatible with EURO 6 engines equipped with EGR valves and DPF's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.