Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got new Michelin ps4 this evening on the rear of the car as I had a screw nail in the edge of the Tyre so replaced the two of them
how can you find out if these are the same type as came off the car they feel like winter Tyres car all over the road tonite very scary
Can anybody help ? Is there certain codes to look for ?
can Michelin sell seconds ?

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Check tyre pressures are correct.

Compare the sidewall lettering with your front ones.
They will say “MO” or “MO1” somewhere on them if OE Tyres, no “MO” = Aftermarket tyres.

see

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
I have always found new tyres need a bit of scrubbing in. Knowing you thought they probably were before you got a mile away after having them fitted 😩

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

They will say “MO” or “MO1” somewhere on them if OE Tyres, no “MO” = Aftermarket tyres.

see

There is no code on the back Tyres only on the front what’ does this mean ? Tyres pressure 300 on rear

I have this same problem on my transporter always run Michelin 18” primacy 3 and the two new ones I got on the van is all over the road at the rear same as the car I got Vw to stick on new shocks and track rod arms thinking they were faulty and the van is still the same has Michelin changed there compound??

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always found new tyres need a bit of scrubbing in. Knowing you thought they probably were before you got a mile away after having them fitted 😩

see

even turning the steering wheel 60-70 mph the rear off the car tale happy I have 160mile journey tomorrow if they dont feel any better then there coming off her

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
300kPa on the rear sounds a bit high!
Isn’t it supposed to be 240kPa on the rear or something like that?

Tyres with MO1 are AMG specified compound.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
300kPa on the rear sounds a bit high!
Isn’t it supposed to be 240kPa on the rear or something like that?

Tyres with MO1 are AMG specified compound.
Rear of car is 300 and front is 320 on the dash of car it shows it on fuel cap cover around 42psi and 44 I think
could that make a difference to the Tyres with npot being for a Amg ?

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Check your flap, but from memory, for 19” wheels

Front - 280 kPa = 41psi

Rear - 260 kPa = 38 psi

So your rears are too high.

Internet says Michelin PS4s MO1 tyres have stiffer sidewalls than non-MO1 version.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check your flap, but from memory, for 19” wheels

Front - 280 kPa = 41psi

Rear - 260 kPa = 38 psi

So your rears are too high.

Internet says Michelin PS4s MO1 tyres have stiffer sidewalls than non-MO1 version.
i have always run 300 rear front 320 from new thanks veeeight you have answered my question it definitely is the sidewall problem cant take the load 🤙🏻

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
I would try lowering the pressures first before getting rid of the tyres!

Also check you actually have PS4s and not just PS4.

There is no free lunch, the MO1 spec may possibly have stiffer sidewalls or better directional stability, but at the expense of something else (eg wear, or noise).

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Got new Michelin ps4 this evening on the rear of the car as I had a screw nail in the edge of the Tyre so replaced the two of them
how can you find out if these are the same type as came off the car they feel like winter Tyres car all over the road tonite very scary
Can anybody help ? Is there certain codes to look for ?
can Michelin sell seconds ?
Glad to see you making a guest appearance @Irish boy.

As you might remember I had exactly the same with my rear left tyre but just had the one changed as the rest were hardly used at that time. Mine are MO1 too. I've never had any problem with them since adjusting the pressure. I was running the pressure too high like you. As @veeeight says 41 & 38 should work better. In this heatwave my MMe app is showing they were 44 & 40 anyway yesterday after a short run.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nothing to do with pressure of Tyres the side walls aren’t hard enough I did 180 mile journey today on motorways and main road sitting at 85 mph and having to correct the car all the time and when you go to brake car Is light at the back never as glad to get home with These Tyres on the rear it’s a accident waiting to happen. Got in touch with Tyre man and he said that Michelin m01 they have stopped making the ps4s and will be 2 months away before can get them
have yous anybody in the Uk yous would recommend for Michelin so I could buy and get them sent over?

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
nothing to do with pressure of Tyres the side walls aren’t hard enough I did 180 mile journey today on motorways and main road sitting at 85 mph and having to correct the car all the time and when you go to brake car Is light at the back never as glad to get home with These Tyres on the rear it’s a accident waiting to happen. Got in touch with Tyre man and he said that Michelin m01 they have stopped making the ps4s and will be 2 months away before can get them
have yous anybody in the Uk yous would recommend for Michelin so I could buy and get them sent over?

These are the guys I've usually used Buy Car Tyres Online with Low Prices, Local & Mobile Fitting | etyres

Reactions: Irish boy

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Been told they aren’t making ps4S anymore so has anybody tried the Michelin super sport M01 out yet ?
Have you emailed Michelin. I'll try and remember to.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts