Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I’m sure Mercedes price was £343 per tyre??
It could be for two but not for one. If it is for one I would go elsewhere.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For info… I’ve just fitted 2no MPS4S MO1 to the front - got them from blackcircles.com for £413.88 inc VAT & fitting (at local garage).

Delivered direct to local garage within 24hrs

Guy there advised he can beat their price by about £15/tyre next time.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
I was checking prices yesterday as I had an e-mail flyer for offers on tyres. The PS4S but not MO1 were coming in at £201 each. So you had a good price for an MO1.

Reactions: RichardOfYork

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
For info… I’ve just fitted 2no MPS4S MO1 to the front - got them from blackcircles.com for £413.88 inc VAT & fitting (at local garage).

Delivered direct to local garage within 24hrs

Guy there advised he can beat their price by about £15/tyre next time.
Just bought two tyres from them MO1 £390. Having them fitted next week.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
What sort of mileage are you guys getting out of the front tyres before changing them. I'm on 11.5K and reckon they would be good for at least 1K more within the law but I prefer changing earlier than the legal requirement just to stay safer as the roads start getting greasy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Same here, just over 11.5k miles.

Had a moment on the motorway the other week in heavy rain, which made me have a good look at them - they didn’t look too bad but we’re getting near the wear indicators, but I thought best to change them before hitting the worst of the weather to come.

However, on removal, I had a closer look - was surprised to see the cord just coming through at various point around the inner edge, so glad I changed them when I did! Other than that, they’d worn fairly evenly.

BTW @Forrester ; mine are 255/35 R19 Y (96) MO1, assuming they are different size on the A45, hence your better price?

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
BTW @Forrester ; mine are 255/35 R19 Y (96) MO1, assuming they are different size on the A45, hence your better price?
Yes mine are 245/35 R19 Y (93) MO1. Black Circle were showing a one day 15% off sale yesterday. I haven't been back to check if it's still showing yet another one day sale today.

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Getting my tyres changed I had the strangest of experiences.

The mechanic tried to convince me I didn't need to change them. I've done nearly 12K miles now and I could see the warning bar was maybe 1mm away from the surface, on the front tyres. But the guy got his gauge out and said I had 5mm of tread left and a new tyre only comes with 7mm. I thanked him for his honesty and got them changed.

Just checked the service video from March this year and around 5K miles less and the fronts then were 5.8 and 5.5 so the 5mm measurement clearly was not right.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts