Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I picked up my A180 cdi Sporton March 1st. Very nice car although I wish I had gone for a few extras - I thought reversing sensors would be standard.When I lock/unlock the car the horn bleeps - can I switch this off if so how? Also when driving every now and then a loud tone occurs - is this to do with the anti collision thing? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi yes u can switch the horn beep off when locking car it's in the main menu. The beep and red triangle is collision prevention assist it works over 20mph u can turn it off, again in the menu under dist. warn

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
you can turn off the horn beep in the settings menu, i think its called audible lock. If the loud tone is the collision warning you should get a red triangle appear on the dash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sensors not standard but dealer can fit for about £180 I think,
You can turn off horn when locking, scroll through the menu on the wheel, its under convenience
And lastly if you are driving say round a corner too tight the laser picks up things like a lamp post and makes tone noise and a red light on dash
Hoe this helps

·
Registered
373 Posts
theres a vid on youtube of a guy reviewing the a class and seemingly miffed as to why the warning tonekept going off in a tight road

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks - JBraddick has just about resolved all the above - My dealer has quoted £299 for the sensors so maybe I'll have to shop around. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gaz99 said:
Thanks folks - JBraddick has just about resolved all the above - My dealer has quoted £299 for the sensors so maybe I'll have to shop around. Thanks.

I fitted reversing sensors and reversing camera to AMG Sport my self took about 2 hours and only cost £59.00 for both. Its easy to do as long as you dont mind taking a drill to your back bumper.

·
Registered
54 Posts
njr001 said:
I would be grateful if you would give more details of reversing camera fitted and installation details.
Hi, l will post some details and pics at the weekend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Mixonic2,
You were able to fit the reverse camera yourself? I am intriuged.....I have front and rear sensors fitted, I did not go for the command system, is that required for the camera add-on.....is it pre-wired for it....sorry so many questions mate. really wish i had gone for reverse cam now!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the park tronic (front and rear sensors) and camera with no Command
cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ok....thanks for your answers, I thought it would be a Merc camera and displayed on existing display, never mind...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts