Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone try asking Mercedes this?

On my mates A35, the car shows him this screen.

On my car it says the feature isn’t available ... but the only additional option pack to buy from the Mercedes store is the Navigation Services pack??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is in the Mercedes Me app

When I click the buy button it takes me to the store where it says I've only got one product i can purchase.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Quite odd i have this screen on yet the weather function works fine. And local search works too. I can say hey Mercedes find me a kentucky and it shows all local ones to navigate to.
80515018-3954-4DD3-B52D-5E1B4E201713.png

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
I can even ask for the weather in a different town/city and it responds correctly.

Oh I guess its just a problem with my car then ... who do i go back to about this?

Sit in your car and press the Me button overhead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have just been talking to Mercedes about all this kind of stuff (so not sure how credible this info is) and I was told that in order for such services to work full time you have to sign up to what is essentially a internet data contract.
Apparently the car comes with comes 1gb as a free trail and then after that you pay,this could explain why it is working for some and not others,as either the free trial has run out or they have not signed up to whatever it is (Mercedes Me?) that allows you the free trial

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Just tried mine and it came up with the full picture screen with weather across is. I've used the sat nav quite a few times and the maps etc. have all updated so I don't know if that will have used up 1gb of data. We'll have to see. What I found after signing in to MM is it took a few days to update everything so I wonder if it could be that as well for no weather maps. @veeeight what's your prognosis on this again please.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Internet data is really just for the internet browser and music streaming directly from MBUX.
Theoretically Weather & Yelp (aka Local Search) are linked to the second embedded sim, the one that's also used to update the maps OTA for example.

So you shouldn't need to add Data-credit to be able to get them.

At least that's the case here in France.

It seems that in UK, if I believe the screenshot above, they are part of the Navigation pack though so if you don't have that pack activated, you wouldn't get Weather or Yelp.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Internet data is really just for the internet browser and music streaming directly from MBUX.
Theoretically Weather & Yelp (aka Local Search) are linked to the second embedded sim, the one that's also used to update the maps OTA for example.

So you shouldn't need to add Data-credit to be able to get them.

At least that's the case here in France.

It seems that in UK, if I believe the screenshot above, they are part of the Navigation pack though so if you don't have that pack activated, you wouldn't get Weather or Yelp.
You are correct and it's three years free in the UK as it is throughout the EU I am sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pressed Mercedes Me button ... they weren’t very helpful with the issue. Told me that I needed to purchase the navigation services pack. I explained again and he told me to contact the dealer I bought the car from.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
Pressed Mercedes Me button ... they weren’t very helpful with the issue.
That's not helpful. They've always been quite good when I've pressed the Me button, passing me onto the relevant Me Team to resolve.

Try something else - "Hey Mercedes, show me the nearest Italian Restaurant".
Mine returns a list of Italian restaurants in the area.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
That's not helpful. They've always been quite good when I've pressed the Me button, passing me onto the relevant Me Team to resolve.

Try something else - "Hey Mercedes, show me the nearest Italian Restaurant".
Mine returns a list of Italian restaurants in the area.
Jeeeeeeese guys look at this. What's going on here! @veeeight is definitely AI. He has become a super moderator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Jeeeeeeese guys look at this. What's going on here! @veeeight is definitely AI. He has become a super moderator.
bit slow there mate. Happened last week. I bet it will change him. Usually does when you give nice people power 😂😂
Ooops, better watch what I’m saying now 😳😳
They could of given it to somebody that knows what they are talking about 🙏🙏

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
😂😂

Nevermind that, have you asked for Italian (or any other nationality so as not to upset woke people) restaurants in your car yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can someone try asking Mercedes this?

On my mates A35, the car shows him this screen.

I was curious when I saw this screen because I haven't seen it before, so I checked my Mercedes Me app and I couldn't see the options for weather below. I realised that I had to download the Merecedes Me Data Options app which is seperate to the normal one. I installed it and it showed me that I could purchase Navigation Services which included the weather feature for £49 which lasted for a year. I already have Sat Nav with augmented reality installed in the car from new so I was confused as to why I should have to purchase another navigation app when I already have one installed. I then checked in my car and asked Mercedes to 'show me the weather in Tenerife' and the weather screen came up as shown by the original poster, I then tried my local area Manchester and it showed the weather screen again so I know that it's working for me but my question now is.... What is the Navigation Services app that I can purchase for £49 for a year and how does it differ from the one I already have in my A35?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
😂😂

Nevermind that, have you asked for Italian (or any other nationality so as not to upset woke people) restaurants in your car yet?
Yes just tried this and it works! It didn’t workwith any other cuisines i tried a few lol. I tried the weather question again andno luck. It just responds with “no internet connection”.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts