Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
Nice to find a forum specifically for the A Class!

I'm based in Sydney Australia and recently ordered the A250 AMG Sport in metallic paint with 2 options: AMG Exclusive and Command Online.

Delivery is in May. Can't wait !!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi bulaboy and welcome to the forum - I think you win the prize for the farthest member! Congrats on the order - you won't regret it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi bulaboy,
I am from Sydney as well. I will get my A250 Sport delivered around the beginning of April. Just can't wait to see my Cirrus white little Merc.

By the way, in oz, there is no A250 AMG Sport. The one we got is actuallythe A250 Sport engineered by AMG. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You are having the same car as me, topic. What options did you order, if any? I went a bit overboard, but I have waited a long time for this new car. It is great that we can correspond all over the world. Welcome to you both.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've ordered a cirrus white A250 Sport + AMG exclusive pack. The pack basically gives you all the nice touch in the cabin like leathers, electronic seats, memorys, rear aircon vents. Wished to get the drive kit plus but looks like it is still not available in Australia.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi G11, I have ordered the Amg Exclusive pack too, it looks fabulous. Have you had chance to test the car? It wasn't available here for a test drive, so hope I've ordered the right car for me. The style is really something and the Cirrus White! I am also having the Comand online! I should have mine in about 7 weeks. The forum has really helped with the wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm from Sydney too! I ordered the exact same one as you with the same options. I ALSO get it in May! I can't wait to drive it =)

I however want to modify it immediately! I want to change the rims for a start! is anyone going to be doing the same?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,
Just wondering when did you guys place the order as i placed an order for A250 on 01/03 and expected delivery around July :( ? ( i m based in Mel BTW).
Regarding about the colour , i have seen white ,red,blue and mountain grey and decided go for white as the black roof and red accents really stand out, what colour did u go for ?
Cheers,

·
Registered
4 Posts
ashke said:
Hello! I'm from Sydney too! I ordered the exact same one as you with the same options. I ALSO get it in May! I can't wait to drive it =)

I however want to modify it immediately! I want to change the rims for a start! is anyone going to be doing the same?
I think the standard AMG rims are quite nice however it will be popular so if you ar after somthing unique then have a look on Brabus A250 , these rims are awesome .
I am going to put some racing strip on it ( similar to the A45 limited edition :D)Edited by: Dcs1990

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have any of you Aussies had a test drive? What did you think of 'our' little Cirrus White Merc? Fabulous looking car for me, especially in the white, with red and black touches!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another one from Sydney here

Placed my order for a Cirrus White A250 about a week ago. Expecting it around August, which whilst is a long wait, suits me fine as that's when the lease on my Golf finishes.

For the benefit of our UK friends, I'll list what options are included as standard for the Australian A250s as opposed to the UK Engineered.

As mentioned, we currently only have the A250 Engineered by AMG models. The following options (as listed by the MB UK site) are included as standard for our A250s:
<ul>[*]Light & Sight Package[*]Mirror Package[*]Storage Package[*]Active Park Assist with Parktronic[*]Reversing camera[*]4-way lumbar support[*]Panoramic sliding sunroof[*]Rear armrest with twin cup holder[*]Airbags - sidebags in rear[*]Audio 20[*]Pre-Safe[/list]As for available options (apart from Becker and paint), for the A250, there's three packages:

<ul>[*]COMMAND which includes COMMAND Online, Harmon Kardon and Digital Radio[*]AMG Exclusive which is pretty much UK AMG Exclusive package with Memory Package and Luxury A/C[*]Driver's assistance which includes Distronic Plus and Lane Tracking Package[/list]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lynne said:
Hi G11, I have ordered the Amg Exclusive pack too, it looks fabulous. Have you had chance to test the car? It wasn't available here for a test drive, so hope I've ordered the right car for me. The style is really something and the Cirrus White! I am also having the Comand online! I should have mine in about 7 weeks. The forum has really helped with the wait!
Yes, I've gone through a test drive last Saturday. Quite impressed by the car actually.

Interior is nice, everything is soft touch with quality. Ambient lights give you nice and warm feeling.

Exterior is sharp, Bi-Xenon and DRL are fancy. Reverse camera are clear and helpful.

The ride is not too firm andthe steering is really quick and accurate. I feel confident and safe even this is the first time I drive it.

The E, S drive modereally has some differences. In E mode, everything is quiet and smooth, you won'thear a lotnoise in the cabin. I think the mode is best suit for some weekend crusing or so. However, thingschange when you put the car in S mode. Floor the paddle and the torque comes straightaway, pressing you into the seatin no time. Also, when in S mode, the car will always try to keep certain rev level so that youcould get the torque as soon as you kick down. When cornering, the car will still try to keep the rev thus gives you some really nice exhaust note in the middle of the corner. After all, I feel the caris totally 2 different cars in those 2 modes. Quite enjoying driving in S mode.

By the way,myone wasorderedat theend of Nov last year. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have only been able to sit in it at the dealers, but have had test drives in other models. Still, over the half-way mark of the wait now. The interior is great and with the addition of a sunroof and ILS so is the exterior. May be able to test drive it soon? But too late as I have ordered it now!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
By the way that is a pretty stunning spec! What is the price for all that plus the AMG ex.package?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You have a slightly different make-up of standard spec and options to us. The price is about £40, 000 so, not a lot of difference really.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, based on current exchange rates, my white Engineered with the Command and AMG Exclusive packages is costing about£40,700.</span>
</span>
<div style="text-align: left;">Purely looking at the numbers, the price does seem high compared to UK OTR prices, especially considering UK reviews are already stating the Engineered is pricey. But I'm guessing once all "options" are added in, there's not much difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I order mine in April , arrived in May 2013 :) Have a White A250

It's a nice drive! another guy at work is ordering the same but in black.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You probably drive huge distances compared to us, festar, how many miles have you done? What was the mpg? Mine is really improving as time goes on!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've done 3000 kms, so 1864 miles.

I'm doing around 9 litres per 100 kms or 31 mpg....I do around 80 minutes driving per week day for work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts