Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It's great to find this club and forums. Ordered my A250 Engineered by AMG yesterday and pick it up next Thursday.

I look forward to spending time on here sharing my experiences.... can't wait to get it!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Chris, excellent .. you will not be disappointed..

How did you manage to get it so quickly?? Was it a cancellation or something?? What colour & spec?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was lucky to walk in the showroom and see the car with the spec i wanted, right colour etc.

I took it out for a test drive and agreed to take the show room one.

It had 50 miles on the clock and hadn't been test driven before. They had only just received it.

I got a free Becker thrown in and that took some hassle.

Its a mountain grey A250 Engineered. I took the Lifeshine body guard and interior guard. Alloy cover (as im bad at curbing) and gap cover that pays out full RRP price of the car.

BTW, i've been in hospital for 8 months and just got out 3 weeks ago...... this was my treat to myself....can't wait to pick it up!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice one Chris... same car as me basically... glad you're on the mend :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
cablecar69 said:
I was lucky to walk in the showroom and see the car with the spec i wanted, right colour etc.

I took it out for a test drive and agreed to take the show room one.

It had 50 miles on the clock and hadn't been test driven before. They had only just received it.

I got a free Becker thrown in and that took some hassle.

Its a mountain grey A250 Engineered. I took the Lifeshine body guard and interior guard. Alloy cover (as im bad at curbing) and gap cover that pays out full RRP price of the car.

BTW, i've been in hospital for 8 months and just got out 3 weeks ago...... this was my treat to myself....can't wait to pick it up!!!
How would the alloy cover work for the engineered wheels, especially if you hit the black bits? I think they would be difficault to repair.

Just interested as I might take it when I collect mine!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cover gives you up to 10 wheel repairs over 3 years and 5 tyres over the same period.

I've not delved into the small print yet but I'll post the details once I get the policy.

They called me today to ask me to go in on Tuesday to sign the paperwork and I suppose they will try to sell me a service package.

Are the service packages worth it?

How many services would you need over three years doing about 8000 per year ?

Great forums!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do about 6K a year as I work away, Im sure the services are annual though

·
Registered
192 Posts
Merc do service on a 365 day basis which you find by scrolling through the menu it tells you haw many days till due
I think the package is about £35 a month,
First service is just over £200 and second just under £400 and the third drops to somewhere in between I think (£320 ish)
If if you put £35 away each month you will be in the black on it!
ALso if you sell the car after the two or three years you will be more in the black as you won't have to have the service at that point if you don't want to before selling!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Cablecar69 and welcome! Hope you'll find this forum as helpful as most of us either helping the wait or sorting things when you've got it! I can't believe your delivery I've waited 5 months!!!Edited by: Anzz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Anzz,

I took the one in the showroom as it had only just been delivered and was the correct color and spec I wanted.

Lucky really as I hate waiting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it today!!!!!!!

Only had chance to drive it about 6 miles. It's certainly a nice looking motor and turned a few heads.

Shame it's snowed on it tonight but looking forward to going for a good drive tomorrow.

I'm now busy updating the becker ........so far so good.

·
Registered
373 Posts
congrats cablecar ....

6 miles!! .... id be out 'cruising' as it were ... knocking up some miles ... leave the becker till tomorrow lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
How can you not be out driving it? Looking forward to some pics as I can't get enough of the A Class in any colour or style!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had to go to the passport office in London today so couldn't play with it unil I got back. Just been out for an hour, can't wait until I can open her up......
It's not as hard a ride as they will have you to believe. It's a nice motor for sure.

For those who are waiting......it's worth it..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts