Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
amazed that I found this forum.....
I was so impressed with the car that I placed an order back in August 2012. It arrived December 15th 2012, I was advised that it was one of three in the area until January....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome to the Forum tone1. What model did you order? How does it drive? They are all lovely. I am almost ready to collect my Engineered on 10th April. As long as there is no change! Cannot wait much longer, it was ordered 3rd January with original date being 2nd May!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It may be the heat in Tenerife, but I don't know what tone1 means, sorry! I am only a woman, in a bar but only drinking Coca Cola light, lol!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How can you tell that from the signature? Sorry to be 'thick' ! But thanks anyway!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Let you off this time, ha, ha! It doesn't show up on this mobile. So I'm not so dull after all. Lol!

·
Registered
373 Posts
hey come on i never said you were dull

You are a little greedy though i think .... my feet are freezing, stop hogging all the warm weather and share it out with all of us back home!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You could have joined me, but you are all having your lovely new cars. Lol! 25 degrees today!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi There,
We do not use the car every day, so mileage still low, just completed 1,300 miles from December until today, my wife has driven it more than me! I went for light and sight pack as I wanted the folding mirrors! I also have the becker map pilot, and it also has the park assist as I got used to having parking sensors on my previous audi. It took a while to get used to the front and rear parking sensors without the continual bleeping, but when it does bleep you are pretty close to whatever!
It drives well, its not as quick as my previous 170ps 2.0cdi audi, but the finish, comfort, smooth but sometimes hard ride (15mm lowered suspension) the looks and the very good fuel economy more than make up for that. I do find the gearbox ratios really different than other makes of cars I have owned, it does not like 40mph in 4th gear... at 65-70 its still well under 2,000 rpm.
I went back to MB as I was convinced that the old fashioned 'pinking' noise that I could hear was not right, but after a couple of drives with one of the MB technicians, his thoughts were that I "need to start to drive it, as it should driven"....I think he was politely saying put ya foot down a bit!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Tone1 and thanks for the review. Positive information on the same car as I'm getting next friday!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Hi, I've ordered nearly all the options including Comand, int lights, reversing camera, pan roof, mirror pack, storage pack, park assist, amg exc pack cannot remember any more right now, lol! I have had my little corsa 18 yrs so may kill myself in 6.6 seconds! Two weeks to go!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hang on in there Lynne. It must be hard waiting it out in 25 deg heat
10th isn't too far away.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My 'lovely young man' at the dealer's appears to be ducking and diving! Hope nothing going wrong! Home next Tuesday so can sort it out then. Wanted to know when I have to pay for the car and if they have dealt with the registration number etc. My husband also telephoned and emailed but has heard nothing! If delivery is 10th when should I have the car?

·
Registered
629 Posts
11th ! Depends on the dealer I think Lynne. Mine were brilliant - it arrived to them on Thursday after lunch and they had it ready for me to collect at 11am the next morning (they had originally wanted to have the handover on the following Monday, but I wanted the car for the weekend and they said OK - so it can be done quickly!)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Lynne, are you getting Starguard? it takes them a day for that.. plus you have to complete your insurance (either merc 7 day free) or your own cover note so they can arrange the tax disc..

If it arrives the 7th you should get within a couple of days... enjoy the extra 23 degrees compared to London

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Not sure about the starguard! Is it worth it? The other things I wanted to discuss with the dealer. Will check everything on my return. Is it still freezing there? Not long to go now. Cannot wait!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes Lynne - still freezing for the foreseeable but at least its not snowing eh?

Starguard - probably worth it if you are not one for cleaning / polishing / caring for your car. Personally I wouldn't waste my money but then I'm so sad that I actually enjoy polishing the car!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts